i let my 6 yr old dummer pick her own cymbal.. and this happened

MadCarrot

My little one Olivia has been working on her teacher's big drum set for a while he said she needs a another cymbal so she could do the left and right thing.. I took her to the shop and ask her to "pick one that you think its going to sound good with our drum set".. and this is what she got.. and then she tries it out on her new song with her sister's band "Mad Carrot".. what do you guys think? :roll

Image_20230226222432.jpg
"this sounds pretty good to me"
Image_20230226222444.jpg
then she tries it out

Great playing both musicians. I also like the resi head dampening.

That was a lot of good fun stuff! Your kids are quite talented. Thought her cymbal was a good choice, too.

man, if only I had been so lucky to have a set like that when I was that age!!!! love it that they are playing at that age!!

haha that was more for the visual .. people been asking if she is doing the kick drum as well .. but i guess it functions as reso head damper as well
Don’t know why some think little kids can’t reach the pedals. I was 7 when I got my first real set, they had a 22” kick and 13 x 9 rack, and I could reach the pedals and tom fine.

Don’t know why some think little kids can’t reach the pedals. I was 7 when I got my first real set, they had a 22” kick and 13 x 9 rack, and I could reach the pedals and tom fine.

Yup, I started on a full size kit when I was 6. My teacher had told my mum, if he can reach the pedals I'm happy to teach him. And I could 😁

the teacher suggested to pick a small set exactly one year ago when shes 5, so we have a 18" tama club jam at home... but shes doing just fine in her class on the 22" kick...

Holy cow you must be proud. Both of them were great considering their age, and I think Olivia has good taste in cymbals also

Back