I have original music I made with "fake" drums...

Thank you! :)

I like what you've done. I have my hands full with one instrument, it always amazes me when people can play multiple.
I really like your bass work.

...okay to post here?

Original music, made with a mix of loops and real instruments. I played basses, guitar, keys, and random percussion instruments live, along with a lot of very edited samples, sounds, and loops, all produced by me. (I'm still learning how to mike my kit.) Only three tunes (so far).

I know the drums aren't "real", but they are all me, for better or worse. :D I didn't know if it was cool to post it because of loops and such.

Thanks. :)

Just had a listen. The bass playing is you and not from a tape loop? - Smokin'! on 'downtown trip'.

Tracking bass, guitar, keys, and individual percussion instruments is pretty straightforward.
Full drum sets are the fly in the ointment, but some real good grooves and even stuff impossible to play is possible with vsti's.
Mixing's a whole 'nother skill set. A bit of a juggling act.

Your stuff sounds really good. (y)

Last edited:
Yes, all the bass playing is me.

In these recordings, the bass, guitars, about 80-85% of the keys and all the hand percussion is me, the rest is "other". :D

Thanks! :) (y)

Just had a listen. The bass playing is you and not from a tape loop? - Smokin'! on 'downtown trip'.

Tracking bass, guitar, keys, and individual percussion instruments is pretty straightforward.
Full drum sets are the fly in the ointment, but some real good grooves and even stuff impossible to play is possible with vsti's.
Mixing's a whole 'nother skill set. A bit of a juggling act.

Your stuff sounds really good. (y)

It's a combination of things, all from me- no collaborators need be blamed. ;)

Manipulated MIDI files (some acquired, some created by me), manipulated loops (again, a mix of acquired and self-made), and one part that was assembled from many smaller samples.
I try when possible to actually play the parts I hear in my head, sometimes I get pretty close. If I can't, I try to get as close as possible by mangling audio that's close enough.
I consider these tracks pretty solid demo tracks, but they really could use some extra love imo.

BFF?
Cat?
Dog?
Checkout gal?

Back