I have a problem with different opinions

Not all badges appeal to everyone, that's for sure. If a badge is big but aesthetically pleasing, I don't mind. The Gretsch badge is one of my favorites.
^ Obviously!

2c before taking my leave.

I think it's pretty strange for people to do most of their personal serious business on the Internet (buying products, sharing credit card numbers, job applications) but can then believe subsequent discussions are not serious. In fact that's just goofy logic. But then again, if you post a funny picture, then that supposedly negates all that as if you've done any more than post a funny picture- that is in turn laughed at by the same like minded people who also don't get it.

I was seriously threatened on the Internet several years back. They told me where they were going to find me, the whole nine. My folks also had to change their phone number twice when I said something about a fairly well known drummer that happened to be true, then he came to the site to deny it in enough of a tactlessly forceful manner to have his fan pals harrass us for over 2 years at all times of the night, mostly as a joke.

Interestingly, very little of this comes from anyone other than those over the age of 35, and I think what you see from your buddy Glen, is in step with the behavior and demographic I'm discusing. I know many refuse to accept that but I'm long past caring about swaying others regarding Internet stuff other than to report what I know first hand.

Out-

It's true, Matt. Plenty of 'em on new blogs too, getting steamed up over things that don't concern them. They just want - or need - to be steamed up about something. They hit middle age and things still aren't as they'd like. Then they vent.

There's a lot of damaged people out there, some more than others. Hope all's well in drumland for you.

C'mon guys, seriuosly, stop with the funny, you're keeping me up late lol. This is sooooo worth reading! Love all the pics by the way I can see myself in them lol.

Most of the logic employed across this and many other forums I ever see comes across the same way post modernism does.

Denying that life can have any form of (absolute?) metanarrative whilst completely denying the culpability that it itself is a metanarrative.

Just tought I'd say, ya know. just thought I'd say.

Like, wooooah, dude.

C'mon guys, seriuosly, stop with the funny, you're keeping me up late lol. This is sooooo worth reading! Love all the pics by the way I can see myself in them lol.

Most of the logic employed across this and many other forums I ever see comes across the same way post modernism does.

Denying that life can have any form of meta narrative whilst completely denying the culpability that it itself is a metanarrative of life.

Just tought I'd say, ya know. just thought I'd say.

Like, wooooah, dude.
Are you helping this thread/discussion? IMO - no.

Have you EVER been involved in a discussion (or PM contact) with "that" person who got just banned for the 6th time? My guess: no. If yes - you might have a clue WHY this is going on...

Are you helping this thread/discussion? IMO - no.

Have you EVER been involved in a discussion (or PM contact) with "that" person who got just banned for the 6th time? My guess: no. If yes - you might have a clue WHY this is going on...

Bro, I will NEVER take a serious shot at anyone, ever :) I'm just having fun!

Have I EVER helped any thread? IMHO nope ;)

Love you :D

Denying that life can have any form of (absolute?) metanarrative whilst completely denying the culpability that it itself is a metanarrative..

Lay off the weed my friend. We're all in this together.

Hate to break it with you Wackamole but that's not really the basis of Modernism. That's the basis of Postmodernism which is based on the precepts of Modernism with an expanded meta-narrative.

Which is why I said ___post___ modernism? ... I guess I tricked you with the space bar ;) And lets not even get into whether postmodernism is an extension, I would suggest almost an antithesis of modernism, just seems like an extension because it's the same word with a prefix to make people think they're schmancy. Kind of like a pokemon but with a shm.

Last edited:
I misread the original post, although the use of a hyphen if you're going to space the term is appreciated!

I haven't slept in two days so I'm not going to engage but I studied Postmodernist theories in music at University - we started with Jacques Attali's 'Author Concept' and worked from there.

Now to try and get some &*^$@(! sleep.

I think the entire premises of this thread is ridiculous and I disagree with it 100%

I think it's good when people disagree with me.

If anyone dares agree with me they better think again.
it-is-ok-if-you-disagree_thumb.jpg

I misread the original post, although the use of a hyphen if you're going to space the term is appreciated!

I haven't slept in two days so I'm not going to engage but I studied Postmodernist theories in music at University - we started with Jacques Attali's 'Author Concept' and worked from there.

Now to try and get some &*^$@(! sleep.

All good bro :) Life is gooooood.

Back