I have a problem with different opinions

Arky

Platinum Member
Dear forum members,

I wanted to sincerely express my dismal when my eyes come across other people's posts which don't suit my personal taste 100%.

Now to stop this awful situation I have decided to close this thread.

I'm sure you all understand.

Sincerely

Arky

[Damn... how to close a thread?? Oh no - others might post - what am I in for?? Do I have a problem? Do I need to see a psychiatrist? No please!!]

It's kindergarden time again folks. For the record Arky, your kit finish is nothing short of awful. Sorry, just being honest! :)

Let me think it over... Do I give a damn? [*thinkingoverthinkingover*] - No. It has to please... ME.

But it's remarkable who couldn't keep himself from posting, haha. My recommendation with seeing a psycho curer was damn honest, too. Solve your problem, spare hundreds others bothering with your views.

It's kindergarden time again folks. For the record Arky, your kit finish is nothing short of awful. Sorry, just being honest! :)
Talking of "kindergarden". This, posted a few minutes ago on another thread, & all I said was I preferred the look of Mapex Meridian badges to Mapex Saturn badges. Yes folks, that's all it took to release this tirade.

Beautiful stuff! I really like the look of your kits. Much less bulky than the GURU offerings I have seen around here of late. I also like that you will stain things to the customers request, unlike GURU. It is fine to get a tiny bit more resonance out of a kit, but not at the expense of ruining the look of the drum shell. I will definitely look you up when the time comes!

Glen, really, you're capable of being bigger than this.

Talking of "kindergarden". This, posted a few minutes ago on another thread, & all I said was I preferred the look of Mapex Meridian badges to Mapex Saturn badges. Yes folks, that's all it took to release this tirade.

Glen, really, you're capable of being bigger than this.
Aren't we all. Just bring honest tactfully! What about the tirade you and your buddies just released. Funny how you turn your head when it's them.

Aren't we all. Just bring honest tactfully! What about the tirade you and your buddies just released. Funny how you turn your head when it's them.
So, someone else annoys you, & you decide to take it out on me. Just for everyone else's consumption here, please identify & quote exactly what I've said to annoy you, other than stating I prefer Mapex Meridian badges to Mapex Saturn badges. Just one example where I've said something so bad that you think it's fine to malign my business publicly.

No Glen, it's different.

What you have posted in the 'Unix' thread is actually just insulting. It's not a dissenting opinion, it's unwarranted and off-topic denigration of Andy's drums - which by the way are fabulous. When the 'Prototype' kit was posted, plenty of people spoke about the challenging aesthetics and that's absolutely not a problem. The same with Saturn badges - they aren't to everyone's taste. When it's relevant to the discussion (e.g. a Mapex thread) it might be mentioned.

You're welcome not to like the way Andy's drums look but you really don't get it do you?

I'm not sure Andy would ever want you as a customer anyway, so I doubt it's much of a loss to him (apologies for speaking on your behalf there Andy).
Guess that makes two of us. Take off the glasses and you will see.

So, someone else annoys you, & you decide to take it out on me. Just for everyone else's consumption here, please identify & quote exactly what I've said to annoy you, other than stating I prefer Mapex Meridian badges to Mapex Saturn badges. Just one example where I've said something so bad that you think it's fine to malign my business publicly.
How many times have you maligned me personally on this forum. Too many to count. The latest one was calling me a " corrosive idiot". The only time I was mean to you was in a PM, which is far more manly. I even offered for you to call me last night to work this out, but you were too busy.

Guess that makes two of us. Take off the glasses and you will see.
No Glen, it doesn't make two of us. I think the reply you've quoted Duncan on is entirely reasonable. There's nothing personally insulting in Duncan's reply. Juxtaposition that with your direct attack on my business = apples to oranges.

I also notice you've not taken up my challenge to accurately sight what I've said to upset you. I know why you haven't taken up that challenge, it's because I haven't said anything that will stand up to balance scrutiny.

Yet again, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, & yet again, you've proven to be very hard work, & a distraction I could well do without. I also happen to think you're a distraction this forum could do without, but that's not my call. You've stated you're happy living in the Pearl Drummers Forum. It's obvious to me that you're not happy here. Such a shame - really.

I've looked over every post you've made in the last few days, & every response to those posts. On every occasion where you've got upset at someone's response, it's because you've fired in on the defensive first.

I suggest you buy a mirror, & study it hard. Enough Glen, enough.

Edit, just read your post below. The one time I referred to you as a corrosive idiot, was after you had already issued MULTIPLE insults by PM, & on threads, & openly bosted about your ability to get members banned from this forum. The reason I referred to you as a corrosive idiot, is because that's exactly how you were behaving, & exactly the direction you're headed in right now.

Calling me a corrosive idiot isn't enough. You should of been a politician, or lawyer.

Remember how you used to say how my Saturn talk poisoned every thread. Well guess what, you do the same thing with Guru and stave construction. This is not your work place. I don't want to hear how much better stave and steam bent drums are better than ply drums every day on a public forum. I got the point. Now it's your turn.

Calling me a corrosive idiot isn't enough. You should of been a politician, or lawyer.
No, facts. At that time, your presence on this forum was corrosive, & just as now, you're being an idiot. The real shame is, you're being an idiot to yourself. The damage element in this, is that people lurking, who may be thinking of joining this fine forum, are reading stuff like this.

Remember how you used to say how my Saturn talk poisoned every thread. Well guess what, you do the same thing with Guru and stave construction. This is not your work place. I don't want to hear how much better stave and steam bent drums are better than ply drums every day on a public forum. I got the point. Now it's your turn.
Get your facts right, stave is not the only construction we do, & if you don't want to look in, don't click on the thread. You have an "ignore" button you can use, suits me just fine. If I ever felt my contribution here was unwelcome, then that's an easy call for me to make. As I've stated before, if you look at the totality of my post subjects here, you'll find that the majority of my involvement has nothing to do with Guru drums.

Frankly, if I have to put up with you constantly climbing out of your pushchair every time I visit this forum, it's simply not worth my while being here.

I notice you still haven't identified what I said to upset you this time round. You come up with history stuff, but you don't answer the question/provide evidence relating to this latest tiresome spat. There isn't any reason for this outburst that stands scrutiny, & you know it.

Am I the only one in the dark here? Is moretolife, Sticksfordrums?

Personally, I like when people fight. It's real. It serves a purpose. I don't like it when threads get closed because of people getting personal. Sometimes it's a healthy thing to blow off steam in a safe place. This is a safe place. Members are separated by hundreds of miles. They are just words. Actions are a whole nother story. That crosses major lines. Anything short of actions, meaning just words, against another is OK in my book. They're just words. We are all adults here, right?

I was getting kind of bored with the threads here in the last 2 weeks. Me, I like the color Glen brings. It's the ones who let him get to them that I don't understand. It takes 2 to tango. If a known instigator instigates, and another person picks up that ball and hurls it back, who is to blame here? Glen makes a trap, one we've seen many times before, and people continue to willingly enter into it.

I hope Glen doesn't get banned again. The place is a lot more fun with him in it. He represents a faction of people that are a part of this society. I think that anyone who lets Glen upset them needs to get past that, and instead, accept the fact that Glen is Glen. Hey maybe some people have a need to fight and Glen is the perfect sparring partner. I think that's OK too. There's no making Glen think like anyone other than Glen, so why bother? In my work, when I can't change something that isn't to my liking, I just learn to accept it, and adapt myself to work around it. That needs to be done here. Oil and water don't mix, never will, just be happy we have both.

I like that Glen always has to have 3 syllables to his handle. Hey Glen did you plan it that way or is it just coincidental?

Back