I HATE Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeBadDrummer

Ready for all this nonsense to end. Doesn’t matter which ‘side’ you’re on, nothing ever gets better for the guys or gals in the trenches. By that I mean anyone who isn’t an oligarch or minion of such. Please wake me when it’s over or shoot me. This is not the country I was born in. When did everything go sideways?
I know it’s not a popular question but it’s really important. Because everything is going down the tubes fast. Read 1984 again. We are not only there but have surpassed it.

beatdat

If you guys really want to get a handle of why we're here, read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World Revisited.

In before the lock.

SomeBadDrummer

You’ve only noticed this now?
No I noticed it about 35 years ago but just posed the question on here tonight. Anything else you’d like to add for the class?

Last edited:

SomeBadDrummer

We’re in class now?
Depends on your definition of class
Edit: no offense mate, just an observation earlier on this somewhat surreal day

Last edited:

Destroyer772

Gold Member
Things get a little better, sometimes-- like when they passed the ACA I was able to afford healthcare as a self-employed person for the first time in my life. These guys do actually do things, both good and bad.
The ACA is the only way my wife would have been able to buy insurance, they dont offer healthcare were she works. Millions of Americans now have health insurance that would not have before ACA, yet they want to take it away.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I understand the need for it. I just dont think it needs to be as big of a deal as it is. I'm talking the reality show esque circus act it has all become big deal. I get so tired of it by July, I'm glad today is here. The nonsense wont stop, but it will change. And I dont have to hear grownups piss, moan, and complain about each other anymore like kindergarteners.* He did this, no he did that! EVERYONE SHUT UP AND GO STAND IN THE CORNER!

*I know this wont stop, I'm referring to all the 'Vote for me!' ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.