I guess I just don't like...

GretschedHive

Gold Member
I've never tried cocaine because when I was of an age where it would have been easy and socially acceptable to do so, it was illegal, and I used to be quite the stickler for that kind of thing. But also because I tend to be someone who gets perhaps too into things when I first get interested, and I thought it'd be a really, really bad idea for me to get really into coke.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Have you ever seen Legends of the Fall? Some people are like Alfred Ludlow who followed all the moral and legal code, and then his brother Tristan who obeyed none of them. Maybe it's genetic??
I'll never forget when I was 17 (1972 and I was driving thirty minutes to school in a nearby town). My parents sent me to a private school to keep me outta trouble. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Well one day a younger classman (2 years younger) brought this jar of muddy water to school (carried it around all day). He told his Mom it was a "science experiment" and she helped him boil these mushrooms he had picked. Well anyways after classes over myself an another of my classmates got together with the young fella to discuss this new elixir. We had heard of psychedelic mushrooms but had no idea they grew locally. We wondered if poison mushrooms in mix?? None of us were sure about it but it didn't stop of us from trying it LOL-we mixed it with grape juice. And then the adventure began=I could tell parts I remember but it doesn't even sound believable to me. Turns out farmers were raising a breed of black cows from South America and they carried the shroom spores in their GI tract.-so popping up in cow patties everywhere black cows. It got to be a real problem for farmers with the ensuing craze-with all the nuisance trespassers they/correction we broke a lot of fences.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Dear lord. Here I thought we'd talk about brass snares and the like. I guess this is "the like!"

Carry on!! 😂

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
There is now a strain of Tobacco that can produce Cocaine in it's Leaves.. let that sink in.
Mr Midgely himself would have been proud of that idea (his idea to put lead in petrol (gasoline).
Also designed an apparatus to raise and lower his position while in hospital. It strangled him.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Have you ever seen Legends of the Fall? Some people are like Alfred Ludlow who followed all the moral and legal code, and then his brother Tristan who obeyed none of them. Maybe it's genetic??
I'll never forget when I was 17 (1972 and I was driving thirty minutes to school in a nearby town). My parents sent me to a private school to keep me outta trouble. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Well one day a younger classman (2 years younger) brought this jar of muddy water to school (carried it around all day). He told his Mom it was a "science experiment" and she helped him boil these mushrooms he had picked. Well anyways after classes over myself an another of my classmates got together with the young fella to discuss this new elixir. We had heard of psychedelic mushrooms but had no idea they grew locally. We wondered if poison mushrooms in mix?? None of us were sure about it but it didn't stop of us from trying it LOL-we mixed it with grape juice. And then the adventure began=I could tell parts I remember but it doesn't even sound believable to me. Turns out farmers were raising a breed of black cows from South America and they carried the shroom spores in their GI tract.-so popping up in cow patties everywhere black cows. It got to be a real problem for farmers with the ensuing craze-with all the nuisance trespassers they/correction we broke a lot of fences.

This is DEFINITELY a GetAgrippa post

lefty2

Platinum Member
I had a 70s Rogers Dynasonic for about 20yr 14x5 or 5.5 and loved it. My singer picked it up for $10 at a garage sale around 1992. In 2012 I moved from a big bare wood drum room with a chimney running up through it to a 6.5x13 room, and suddenly I didn't like it any more. I thought I was the room but when I played a gig I always ended up using a different snare, I just didn't like the Dyna. Eventually I sold it for $300. Now I have a 5.5x14 brass Ludwig rocker that I like pretty good at home. Live I use a 70s LM 400 or a 80s Yamaha 6.5x14 tour custom. I may take the rocker out sometime I've recently replaced the wires and heads and it's sounding pretty good. Coke? Only once. 1980 I had just stepped out of that life style when a free line was offered. Well I had to try it. That's the only time.

Braincramp2

25-30 years ago I didn't like bad cocaine. Today I don't like anything remotely mind altering whether it's cocaine, alcohol or even cold medicine.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Just an update - I still have no interest in trying cocaine, but I have heard another brass snare I really liked. This one was a 5.5 x 14 Gretsch.

Maybe it's just MY brass snare I don't like, lol.

JaysonJeanChannel

I really wanted to love brass snare drums since the majority does. I had a Pearl Sensitone Breaded Brass snare drum. And MAN was that thing stubborn to tune, it felt impossible to get the sounds I wanted so I just settled with what I got from it. I then sold it for a copper snare drum, which I much rather preferred now. It’s such an breeze to tune and is much more forfilling.

kdh

Detuned or heavily muffled drums. There, I said it.
Sorry, I love the sound of open drums.
The whole slapping a pillow sound defeats the purpose of using a drum. Might as well use a couch cushion or the seat of a bar stool.
Old man yells at muffled drum clouds! 😁🥁

Captain Bash

Silver Member
I have tried and tried but just don’t care for the Ludwig Supraphonic 400; At least not under my sticks. Similarly, don’t care for brass free-floating snares or brass piccolo’s. Bought them and sold them on. My preferences mean I just always seek out similar drums with only minor variations in the complexity of tone skipping brass snares but holding on bronze.7D1FE94C-230F-4A11-90D6-801716153E94.jpeg

Stroman

Platinum Member
I have tried and tried but just don’t care for the Ludwig Supraphonic 400; At least not under my sticks. Similarly, don’t care for brass free-floating snares or brass piccolo’s. Bought them and sold them on. My preferences mean I just always seek out similar drums with only minor variations in the complexity of tone skipping brass snares but holding on bronze.View attachment 128507
That's a nice looking collection there!