I got them!

There is some sort of attachment on the stands that your cymbals are on. What are those? I thought they were mics at first, but I zoomed way in and that does not appear to be the case.

Good eyes!

Those are the Cymbal Resonance System - long story short - suspension mounts for your cymbals. It's a little metal housing that attaches to the top of the stand and the actually little peg that cymbals stands floats in the rubber system - so it flexes up and down left and right right freely within that metal housing. The cymbal moves incredibly freely and doesn't transfer any vibration into the stands - which is awesome in the studio.

As far how it effects the sound of the cymbal - it's hard to explain - but it's as big of a difference as suspension mounts are with drums. Cymbals sound huge - and sustain longer and the actual note is more pleasant.

The biggest drawback is that they feel way different...as you would guess - having a cymbals that kind of floats is really easy to handle on a crash - but I'm still adjusting to the feeling on a ride (especially that big 23").

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 16
Been using them for over a year now :) Brill & couldn't go back to "Normal stands"
Damn you though as I bought another snare stand for my mounted tom today..............

Bo, come on you are not seeing the band end game; now you will have the energy to help the bass player cart their massively heavy cab up two flights of stairs, have ample strength remaining to shift the PA and even a spare hand for the guitarists massively over the top FX board.

Sometimes heavier stands are a blessing......gig on
Oh no. Everybody moves their own stuff ?

Good eyes!

Those are the Cymbal Resonance System - long story short - suspension mounts for your cymbals. It's a little metal housing that attaches to the top of the stand and the actually little peg that cymbals stands floats in the rubber system - so it flexes up and down left and right right freely within that metal housing. The cymbal moves incredibly freely and doesn't transfer any vibration into the stands - which is awesome in the studio.

As far how it effects the sound of the cymbal - it's hard to explain - but it's as big of a difference as suspension mounts are with drums. Cymbals sound huge - and sustain longer and the actual note is more pleasant.

The biggest drawback is that they feel way different...as you would guess - having a cymbals that kind of floats is really easy to handle on a crash - but I'm still adjusting to the feeling on a ride (especially that big 23").

Cool. I've tried different cymbal springs/toppers and was never happy or they broke, then both. These look tough. I may give them a try.

I'm not really looking to isolate the cymbal, just give it a fighting chance at survival, and not effect the stand in some cases.

Nicholas, the CRS looks great. Expensive but great. The only drawback for me is the wingnut. If you are familiar with cymbal crowns, which screw on the same threads the wingnuts thread onto...would they work with the CRS? Does the CRS come with a proprietary or standard wingnut?

Thanks.

Cool. I've tried different cymbal springs/toppers and was never happy or they broke, then both. These look tough. I may give them a try.

I'm not really looking to isolate the cymbal, just give it a fighting chance at survival, and not effect the stand in some cases.

Yea I really liked these much more than any of those things like the springs and all that - they install easy and work really well - plus I kind of think they look neat haha. I also have cympads for felts. You can use them for cowbells and aux percussion too - I'm not big on the cowbell since there's a noticeable increase in cowbell sustan and I like a more dead cowbell sound - but it's awesome if you have a mounted tambourine because it doesn't transfer vibration like normal stands so there's like extra jingle...which is more a studio thing - but a nice use.

Nicholas, the CRS looks great. Expensive but great. The only drawback for me is the wingnut. If you are familiar with cymbal crowns, which screw on the same threads the wingnuts thread onto...would they work with the CRS? Does the CRS come with a proprietary or standard wingnut?

Thanks.

As far as I can tell it's a standard wingnut - I tried swapping it out with some other ones I had laying around it seems to fit the ones I tried - so I don't think it's a proprietary size - I bet you'd be good with cymbal crowns. Worth an ask on their customer service though if you were ever going to order....and yea - not the least expensive thing - but a solid upgrade!

Alright, that's it! I changed my mind on the 700s and going this route. There just isn't enough difference in price not to. I'm haven't played out much lately, but plan to change that at some point. I still recall all too vividly having to take HW out of my bag, to lift it out of the car, reload, then Drag across a long, hot parking lot, so if I'm going to transition, I may as well reduce my disgust for hauling heavy HW in the process! Wasn't going to, but makes sense! Your fault Bo, and NouveauCliche, and the rest of you! LOL!

Last edited:
Alright, that's it! I changed my mind on the 700s and going this route. There just isn't enough difference in price not to. I'm haven't played out much lately, but plan to change that at some point. I still recall all too vividly having to take HW out of my bad, to lift it out of the car, then across a long, hot parking lot, so if I'm going to transition, I may as well reduce my disgust for hauling heavy HW in the process! Wasn't going to, but makes sense! Your fault Bo, and NouveauCliche, and the rest of you! LOL!
You will not be disappointed! The whole idea is to have fun and play! If less weight makes you want
To go out and play more, then that’s what it’s all about! I may have a whole bunch of heavy DW hardware available for some kid to buy soon!

the only negative review i saw mentioned that they scratch really easily, and you have to isolate each stand in the bag to prevent this. is that true? My stands touch in the bad i use but the chrome is fine.

the only negative review i saw mentioned that they scratch really easily, and you have to isolate each stand in the bag to prevent this. is that true? My stands touch in the bad i use but the chrome is fine.
I’ve read about this, and yes you get these sleeves for them. Perhaps they will scratch over time, but I’ve overstuffed my bag without using the sleeves, and just moving them from the house to the garage nothing has scratched yet. We’ll see how it goes when I don’t use the sleeves. Or maybe just leave the sleeves in the bag, and just use them as padding between stands.

Being aluminum, I would assume they would scratch easier than chrome. No doubt why individual bags are included.

Back