I got them!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Ok I hate to geek out, but every stand floating around 3 lbs each and solid enough for some heavy playing is almost too much. As you can see in the photos: there’s the bag with everything in it, and the second shot shows what I have in the bag!

Three cymbal stands, two snare stands, hi hat and bass drum pedal and it weighs in at a little over 25 lbs! If I hand carry a throne, I’ve basically eliminated my rolling trap case! I do have another heavy duty tool bag that could handle the throne and the bass drum pedal, and both would fit on the backseat floor in my truck. I’m kinda blown away right now.

I suppose I could use a small rolling trap case for everything and enjoy how light that is. I am so looking forward to taking these out on a real gig! If you’re on the fence about these, I recommend them if you want a light but stable set of hardware.
77A77C36-CA42-444B-B6E6-D37C590C01C1.jpeg95AA8156-79B9-4D68-939C-51FBCE920B47.jpeg

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Those are nice Bo. For as much as you carry things, I'm surprised you didn't jump on them earlier!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Heavier stands build muscles and then you won't need a gym membership. With the money you save you can buy more gear.
I use this same rationale with haircuts!

I like the tripods on these stands. They look very sturdy and well thought out. On looks alone, these tripods exude confidence.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
A while back I purchased the DW 6000 Ultralight hardware. They were not sturdy enough to use as a back-line kit for the open mic jam that I ran.
Too many hard hitters came to my jam. I now use the DW hardware for my own gigs.

Bo, you are making these Yamahas look really tempting. Hit one of your 20 inch cymbals really hard and tell me if these cymbal stands are sturdy enough for a hard hitting heavy metal player...................

tfgretsch

A while back I purchased the DW 6000 Ultralight hardware. They were not sturdy enough to use as a back-line kit for the open mic jam that I ran.
Too many hard hitters came to my jam. I now use the DW hardware for my own gigs.

Bo, you are making these Yamahas look really tempting. Hit one of your 20 inch cymbals really hard and tell me if these cymbal stands are sturdy enough for a hard hitting heavy metal player...................

already did ,they were very sturdy,had dw ultralight,not happy with them, they wobble with a 18 " crash on it and had it fall over on a gig and i am not a heavy hitter. the crosstowns allow the base legs to telescope out 3 times longer than the dw's , which makes them very stable ! i also made my ride cym crosstown into a boom stand,with a yamaha CH755 boom arm. perfect,sturdy !! No more Weightlifting !! Good luck !!

tfgretsch

Ok I hate to geek out, but every stand floating around 3 lbs each and solid enough for some heavy playing is almost too much. As you can see in the photos: there’s the bag with everything in it, and the second shot shows what I have in the bag!

Three cymbal stands, two snare stands, hi hat and bass drum pedal and it weighs in at a little over 25 lbs! If I hand carry a throne, I’ve basically eliminated my rolling trap case! I do have another heavy duty tool bag that could handle the throne and the bass drum pedal, and both would fit on the backseat floor in my truck. I’m kinda blown away right now.

I suppose I could use a small rolling trap case for everything and enjoy how light that is. I am so looking forward to taking these out on a real gig! If you’re on the fence about these, I recommend them if you want a light but stable set of hardware.
View attachment 93836View attachment 93837
well said bo i just got them,they will add 10 yrs more to my playing drims !!

tfgretsch

Heavier stands build muscles and then you won't need a gym membership. With the money you save you can buy more gear.
Heavier stands build muscles and then you won't need a gym membership. With the money you save you can buy more gear
WASN"T BUDDY RICH VERY SKINNY ??

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
already did ,they were very sturdy,had dw ultralight,not happy with them, they wobble with a 18 " crash on it and had it fall over on a gig and i am not a heavy hitter. the crosstowns allow the base legs to telescope out 3 times longer than the dw's , which makes them very stable ! i also made my ride cym crosstown into a boom stand,with a yamaha CH755 boom arm. perfect,sturdy !! No more Weightlifting !! Good luck !!
Perfect. Thank you tfgretsch.

Captain Bash

Silver Member
Bo, come on you are not seeing the band end game; now you will have the energy to help the bass player cart their massively heavy cab up two flights of stairs, have ample strength remaining to shift the PA and even a spare hand for the guitarists massively over the top FX board.

Sometimes heavier stands are a blessing......gig on

NouveauCliche

I have a 21" and a 23" on mine and I crash the heck out of them on occasion and they hold us JUST fineeeeeee. I keep them pretty high too so I'd notice if they were moving around or about to fall - but at full solo crashing with those big fellas and no problems at all - I got the standard pack and added one more stand.

Best purchase EVER.

Before these guys it was a band joke how freaking heavy my hardware bag was - now every one is floored at the total weight and absolutely SHOCKED at the weight of a single stand.

The look has actually really grown on me too!

Attachments

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

How's the feel of the HH stand, since it has no adjustment? Any issues with lighter/heavier hats?

It feels totally fine - it's a nice medium feel - I don't even notice it really. I have 14" hats are pretty heavy for being a "jazz" set of hats - 1064/1364g ish - and they move just fine.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I have a 21" and a 23" on mine and I crash the heck out of them on occasion and they hold us JUST fineeeeeee. I keep them pretty high too so I'd notice if they were moving around or about to fall - but at full solo crashing with those big fellas and no problems at all - I got the standard pack and added one more stand.

Best purchase EVER.

Before these guys it was a band joke how freaking heavy my hardware bag was - now every is floored at the total weight and absolutely SHOCKED at the weight of a single stand.

The look has actually really grown on me too!
There is some sort of attachment on the stands that your cymbals are on. What are those? I thought they were mics at first, but I zoomed way in and that does not appear to be the case.