I don’t know which one I like better!

donzo74

The bent floor plate is an interesting twist. I wonder why they did that?
Nice find! I have the double chain version of this pedal. The bent plate is nice if your playing on an uneven floor or over a transition between carpet and floor or a seam between two pieces of a riser. The pedal will always rest on the spot under the heel plate and not on a high spot somewhere else under the plate. It makes it so the pedal is always level and you're never twisting the hoop by playing with the heel of the pedal off the ground. I like the bent plate and think it's useful but Yamaha must not have thought it was a game changing breakthrough because they went back to the flat plate design for the 9500 series.

jasz

I have a AD4 DW 5000 single that I purchased for around $135 new in 2012, but I kinda dislike it now. It feels way too heavy no matter what I do in terms of adjustments. Borrowed a friends old Cobra JR and I kinda like it more.. but there is noticable lack of modern amenities.

Was considering a speed cobra 910 single, but I'm not exactly sure if I should buy into higher end pedals anymore. I think the biggest difference IMO is perceptive quality and materials used that differentiate a good "lower end" pedal from a "high end" mainstream option.

The DW I have is a great quality pedal, but I really want something that feels lighter and faster.. without downgrading essentially.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I have a AD4 DW 5000 single that I purchased for around $135 new in 2012, but I kinda dislike it now. It feels way too heavy no matter what I do in terms of adjustments. Borrowed a friends old Cobra JR and I kinda like it more.. but there is noticable lack of modern amenities.

Was considering a speed cobra 910 single, but I'm not exactly sure if I should buy into higher end pedals anymore. I think the biggest difference IMO is perceptive quality and materials used that differentiate a good "lower end" pedal from a "high end" mainstream option.

The DW I have is a great quality pedal, but I really want something that feels lighter and faster.. without downgrading essentially.
I bet if you swap out the chain and sprocket for a cam and strap it’ll fly. I did that to my 5000 Accelerators and they felt much lighter and slammed much better. You might like that.