I don’t know which one I like better!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I found this obscure Yamaha pedal for $40 used. After some research, it’s like the single chain linkage version of their Flying Dragon pedal. I cleaned it up and readjusted a few things and then played it side-by-side with the DW9000 and I swear they feel almost identical!

I’m not sure which one I like more. This Yamaha you don’t see everyday so I’m not surprised I didn’t know about it. Weird.

37235ACF-1BC1-4BF4-8A09-7E9BF13EA797.jpeg

jimb

Its the same brilliant old story with Yamaha, basically they can do no wrong, and I'm not surprised they are an old established multi faceted engineering phenomenon....my old strap pedal is a gem.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I've been currently playing the non-plated strap drive version of this pedal and really like that one. This plated one is the FP8210 model. The bent floor plate is an interesting twist. I wonder why they did that? But I think I like these Yamaha pedals because the footboard is a little shorter than the DW, making the angle a little sharper. Having small feet that kinda helps me. Same old single spring engineering like all the Camco derivatives before it. It's nice and solid with the plate. Even at $40 that was cheap. I've now seen one or two on Reverb selling for $80+!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Update: I must be on a roll - I found a guy selling a Flying Dragon direct drive for $80 in what looks to be pristine shape. So I bought it.

If I play that pedal as well as any other type of pedal (I probably will), I’m calling BS on all you guys that endlessly discuss the difference!

Bozozoid

Call me psychic..(no not psycho) but just looking at them and playing dozens of pedals I'll pick the yammer. My current best pedal (forever now) is the Tampa flexiglide.

yammyfan

Update: I must be on a roll - I found a guy selling a Flying Dragon direct drive for $80 in what looks to be pristine shape. So I bought it.

If I play that pedal as well as any other type of pedal (I probably will), I’m calling BS on all you guys that endlessly discuss the difference!
Nice find! Is it the direct drive model?

Rock Salad

The house kit the other night had this great old Yamaha strap drive pedal with a slightly wide foot board that was sweeeet. Even lighter yet tighter than my Pearl P120. Felt like an air cushion that you couldn't fall off of.