I`d like a second opinion...

CreeplyTuna

Silver Member
Here`s my situation:
So i have some store credit to Musians Friend, but i`m having difficulty deciding what to get. I only have the credit to spend, so i cant go over, cuz i dont have the money too. Well, I`m torn between buying a replacement for the top hat of my k customs, or get a new cymbal. If i get a new cymbal id probably get a large crash or ride, and ill take a trip to the local music store to try out some stuff. But i also want to fix my cracked hats. However, i have drilled out the crack (its not too big, and hasnt affected the sound noticibly), and so far the crack hasnt grown. If i do buy a top hat ill have ~100$ left, but nothing else i want to get at that price. So i figure i can play my drilled hats, add a new cymbal,(prob a 20in 2002). Another thing is that i feel getting an additional cymbal is more christmasy than replacing a broken one and buying... a stand or two?

I would just like some opinions to help me decide, based on past experience, and what you would do.

PS: in my situation, unfortunately buying used is not an option, as much as id love too. Thanks.

judging by your ISIS avi pic Im going to say your slightly cracked top hat will not affect your sound much if that pic represents the style you play at all .....and may even enhance it

Aaron Harris is no stranger to cracked cymbals :)

Id say go for the 20" 2002

why the hell not

a new pie always makes everything feel alright

Here`s my situation:
So i have some store credit to Musians Friend, but i`m having difficulty deciding what to get. I only have the credit to spend, so i cant go over, cuz i dont have the money too. Well, I`m torn between buying a replacement for the top hat of my k customs, or get a new cymbal. If i get a new cymbal id probably get a large crash or ride, and ill take a trip to the local music store to try out some stuff. But i also want to fix my cracked hats. However, i have drilled out the crack (its not too big, and hasnt affected the sound noticibly), and so far the crack hasnt grown. If i do buy a top hat ill have ~100$ left, but nothing else i want to get at that price. So i figure i can play my drilled hats, add a new cymbal,(prob a 20in 2002). Another thing is that i feel getting an additional cymbal is more christmasy than replacing a broken one and buying... a stand or two?

I would just like some opinions to help me decide, based on past experience, and what you would do.

PS: in my situation, unfortunately buying used is not an option, as much as id love too. Thanks.

You make it sound like you're OK with the fixed Hi-hat, the sound hasn't suffered much and it doesn't seem to bother you. If they are just drilled only, they eventually are gonna crack some more. Maybe you can get it professionally fixed for 20 bucks somewhere. Then it will last even longer. I'm assuming the crack is coming off the edge of the cymbal?

I'm assuming the crack is coming off the edge of the cymbal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, its about 3/ 4 of an inch eyeballing it

Aned while I'm at it, anyone know how similar the 20" 2002 crash and 20" 2002 power crash are?

Last edited:
Back