I Am Leaving This Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I'm not so sure about that. The rules are pretty clear: no religion, no politics, no foul language. If sticking to the rules is patronizing, then what are the rules for? There is still some leeway (posting a video of Christian Rock music, celebrating the 4th of July, saying that a certain type of cymbals is "crap"...).
While the majority of users probably is Christian (if they are religious), live in the US and are old enough to not get offended by some cussing, the forum is international and open to all ages. It's hard to moderate all of that and I can see how the mods prefer keeping things simple - they don't get paid for their service.

We still don't know, why drumolator left - it's all speculation. Maybe he received some nasty PMs or is tired of this GAS-enforcing place and prefers to spend his time on other things.
The thread was locked after I got no response from a PM about editing the post. It wasn't done immediately upon my first viewing.
I also see no problem with a discussion of the subject. My take was basically he wanted no direct response, not no discussion. I am also open to questions on my thoughts if you do it in a PM to me. thanks.

Just to be clear, I didn't imply that YOU sent him nasty PMs. I only meant to say that it has happened on this forum that some people had private conversations that became hostile. :)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
And on that fine note, I will lock this thread. Thanks for participating. Feel free to message me, or any of the Mods, anytime you have questions. Our goal is to guide this great forum down a smooth highway. Our job is to smooth any speed bumps along the way. Have a great, safe day. johnny.

Status
Not open for further replies.