I’ve gone and done it. No more suspended floor toms!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
With the help of my father-in-law, my Pork Pie floor toms now have brackets and legs. No more suspended floor toms or those heavy baskets/cradles. Looking forward to taking these back out to play sooner than later.

172025587_4394554643906196_8404530500898289134_n.jpg

172120865_4394554667239527_5569533013431127094_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's much better Martin. Nice job too! Looks great.

I got rid of hangers in 2008, right before I joined here.

Legged floor toms are so much easier for the drummer, in every way.

Why they offered hanging toms in the first place makes me go Hmmm. I would think legs cost less than ISO mounts.

Drums don't need ISO mounts if they have 3 legs or a snare basket

Heavy floor toms and RIMS mounts...I can't believe that idea didn't get shot down somewhere along the line.

Lighter rack toms and RIMS mounts, big improvement IMO.

Nice! That teal sparkle looks amazing!
I've done both suspended and not, you definitely won't regret it.

With the help of my father-in-law, my Pork Pie floor toms now have brackets and legs. No more suspended floor toms or those heavy baskets/cradles. Looking forward to taking these back out to play sooner than later.

172025587_4394554643906196_8404530500898289134_n.jpg

172120865_4394554667239527_5569533013431127094_n.jpg
The pic links are dead for me. :(

The pic links are dead for me. :(

Maybe you're using Facebook Container, Privacy Badger or any other browser plug-in preventing your browser from accessing the FB network?

They look awesome! Legs ftw

Looks great. Are those Gibraltar parts?

Yes, they are Gibraltar brackets I found on Reverb for half price. Oh, and as a kicker, each bracket came with a super-rad hinged memory lock. I've never seen a memory lock that was hinged before.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I think I went though just about every solution in my head to avoid drilling holes in those shells. I really, really missed taking these out, but the suspension mounts were such a pain because they would always "droop" after setting them up, especially after hanging my stick bag on it. I spent good money on the baskets and cradles, but I hated those tiny tension rods they used to tighten the legs down (such a bad design). They are sooo easy to strip out (I never stripped any out. Another drummer who used my kit and adjusted them to his liking stripped out 2 of the 3 of them. :mad: What a dingus.). A friend of mine warned me about the added weight. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal until I traveled with them once or twice. Also, fitting them in cases was a pain as well.

I've considered putting legs on these for years, but I was worried that it would hurt the resale value of these. However, I posted on here about this concern, and y'all stated that it wouldn't, and I appreciated your opinions. I also emailed Bill Detamore, and he assured me that installing floor tom legs and brackets would not hurt the value of them at all. This helped me make the decision. Now, I can't wait to take them out!!!

Back