hydraulic on roc n soc doesn't roc

rhythmkitchen

hi all,

i have a bike seat style hydraulic rocnsoc throne and the hydraulic is stuck in a low position. any suggestions on how to get it working?
thanks
dana

hi all,

i have a bike seat style hydraulic rocnsoc throne and the hydraulic is stuck in a low position. any suggestions on how to get it working?
thanks
dana
Either the lever arm is not pushing the button down or the cylinder is fried. If the cylinder is fried order a new one would be my best guess. They are about 35 bucks I think. Better then my DW airlift throne. When that one craps I have to give it to Guitar Center then they send it to DW at their leasure. Then in a month or two I get a working throne back.

Make sure your bolts on the bottom of the seat are tight if that isn't. it it's probably the cylinder.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

I have one of those thrones, too, so I'll be curious to know what you come up with. Let us know!

hi all,

thanks
dana

I have the same problem. My RocNSoc throne is stuck in the low position. Any fix for this?
Thanks
Dennis

I have two of these roc-n-soc nitro stools and love them. I've heard of some people having issues, but so far so good--great actually with mine.

Maybe it just got wedged all the way down there? Maybe tapping it with a wrench would get it unstuck?

I bought one of these used and it was stuck as well, If you look at the base of the cylinder housing (the stabilizer center rod), you will see a flathead screw. Often, when the throne is set up, the drummer will extend the stand all the way down until it rests on this screw. This is especially bad when the drummer forgets to tighten the wing nut. All of the weight rests on this screw and causes it to bend slightly and the cylinder catches on it. If you back that screw out one turn and tap the trigger on the top of the cylinder with a rubber hammer, it should break free. Make sure to tighten the screw back and never allow the leg slider to rest completely on it again. If this trick doesn't work, you can buy a replacement cyliner here: Roc N Sock Replacement Parts

Back