How to record drum with GarageBand?

Re: advice needed,how to record drum with garage band

Need to know what you want to do. GarageBand is set up ideally for one person to record one track at a time. You can get USB interfaces for it that will allow you to record up to 8-tracks at a time, but that will cost money.

So tell us what you want and maybe the advice given will make better sense.

Need to know what you want to do. GarageBand is set up ideally for one person to record one track at a time. You can get USB interfaces for it that will allow you to record up to 8-tracks at a time, but that will cost money.

So tell us what you want and maybe the advice given will make better sense.

thanks...i wrote some stuff on garage band...now i want to record my drum..i don't mind fork few $$ for usb interface and microphones.

thanks...i wrote some stuff on garage band...now i want to record my drum..i don't mind fork few $$ for usb interface and microphones.

Well, then go shopping for a USB interface that allows several mics to be plugged in at once, plug it into your Mac, fire up GB and you'll be able to record that many tracks at once. Put the mics on the kit, set some levels and go for it. Have fun!

Well, then go shopping for a USB interface that allows several mics to be plugged in at once, plug it into your Mac, fire up GB and you'll be able to record that many tracks at once. Put the mics on the kit, set some levels and go for it. Have fun!
thats a good start!
lol....thanks dude!

You're welcome. I use the zzounds 0 interest credit a lot. It works well. I bought two kits and a PA from them with the 4 equal payment 0 interest plan. Take advantage of it.

I record my Vdrums using the L+R Master Out on the module which go into 2 TRS to 3.5mm mini-jack splitter. That gets plugged into my Mac's Line In jack and I record from there. Of course, it records as a single stereo track and any individual drum levels I have to adjust on the module faders.

That could work for you too, you'd need a small mixer and the above splitter cable.

Otherwise the ideas posted above using a USB interface + a few mics will do just fine.

Back