How to make your own gum rubber practice pad

Drummertist

Silver Member
Get one of those black thick mouse pads and just sit it on a table! It works great! The thin ones work just as well and give a different feel. kind of like cymbals. put two or three on top of each other for a tom feel. It really does work. I tried to tell some students of mine who didn't have any money to use that and they looked at me as if I was crazy!

TRY IT!

drumhead61

Gold Member
Get one of those black thick mouse pads and just sit it on a table! It works great! The thin ones work just as well and give a different feel. kind of like cymbals. put two or three on top of each other for a tom feel. It really does work. I tried to tell some students of mine who didn't have any money to use that and they looked at me as if I was crazy!

TRY IT!

ROFL, I happen to have one of those thick pads here at work and my sticks just so happen to be out in the truck, so out I walked to get them to test this theory out...and ya know it does work, not great, but it gives some rebound...works in a pinch, would not trade it in for my 12" HQ but in a pinch yeah! Good enough if ya can't afford a practice pad.

k3ng

Silver Member
51VKzkd304L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

THE BEST PRACTICE PAD

Ashok

I am just learning. Attending classes. suggestion to use Mouse pads is a great one. It works & I don't disturb any one while practicing. Thank you. Thumbs up.

pinoydrummer

Back then I used a small eraser that I glued to a thick folder so it won't move. I like hitting small targets as it helps me to focus more and keep my technique clean.