How to become a DRUMMERWORLD DRUMMER?

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
This is asked many times and I try to give my points:

In the past we had a Wishlist - with more than 1000 names on it...

1. No - the list is not limited to 500 drummers - there are about 520 - but i don't want a list of 1000 or more....
2. In the past i had many direct contacts with the best of the best by traveling from Show to Show around the world - now in my seventies i work from my desktop.
3. I try to take personal contact to new drummers for asking them to be included - sometimes they are happy - sometimes they don't answer...so here we go - no problem.
4. Some drummers don't want to appear in the list...probably for copyright reasons or wanted to be paid (Terry Bozzio)
5. I also made the mistake to add drummers too early - a few years later they dissappeared and I hestitate to erase - not easy - but im more careful now.
6. I agree, that my personal liking takes some influence - but i try to be fair.
7. Playing with Herbie Hancock or John Scofield is not the only criterion: they used more than 300 drummers in the past, is it for checking out new talent or possibly monetary reasons....lol....
8. No, i'm not too lazy - no hurry. At the moment i'm working on: Paul Brochu - Jason Sutter - Jeremy Stacey - Brooks Wackerman - Clem Burke.

Discussion for new names is open and yes, Justin is an option... but i work for free and have no obligation or liability to add somebody.

Thanks for taking time

Bernhard

Whatever you do, don't add me. That would just break the site.

Other than that, keep doing what you're doing - This page is awesome :)

Wow thanks for the explanation Bernhard-I had no idea of the effort and issues involved in this. I also enjoy when you introduce new drummers but I had no idea it was a mutual addition. I think this explains things nicely-I haven't even noticed Terry B. wasn't in lineup and I'm surprised there wasn't a thread wanting his addition (but at least we have an answer for such a request). I knew you made the decisions but I started thinking about telling posters you make the decision-I don't want them harassing you with "their demands". So perhaps we need a thread for posters to "I'll just drop this here" to post drummers they find of interest and maybe a future DW addition. Granted it isn't our decision nor the forum member who suggest it but the actual drummer and you, but it can provide a venue for forum members to discuss such things. We can refer to your response as a FAQ so posters will understand the complexities of such a request. I understand the passion many drummers have for their favorite drummers and would want them on DW but seems some are indignant or overbearing and make aggressive demands (fortunately few). Thanks for the response Bernhard-and thanks for all your effort making DW the best drum site on planet.

Last edited:
And special thanks to GruntersDad, Bermuda and now Andy who take time to clean out the kennel and keep all the dogs at bay. You all do an awesome job in a friendly manner. I use to clean out the family kennel so I know you deal with some crap LOL.

And special thanks to GruntersDad, Bermuda and now Andy who take time to clean out the kennel and keep all the dogs at bay. You all do an awesome job in a friendly manner. I use to clean out the family kennel so I know you deal with some crap LOL.
Thank you. Bernhard keeps us in line as well. You should see his cat-o-nine tails.

I think the bigger question is how do you get your name highlighted in red? With the likes of Danny Carey, Virgil Donati, Cindy Blackman and Matt Garstka all occupying the lowly "blue" status, what exactly does one have to do to get on the coveted red list?

I think the bigger question is how do you get your name highlighted in red? With the likes of Danny Carey, Virgil Donati, Cindy Blackman and Matt Garstka all occupying the lowly "blue" status, what exactly does one have to do to get on the coveted red list?
Probably just have Bernhard’s favor or he’s met them so get highlighted in red?

The Red Ones are the most outstanding in receiving clicks and my personal opinion - of course there could be some more to take into consideration - please no debate about this....would be endless - lol. thanks for watching this list so carefully!!

If there is money made from this site, he should be paid royalties.

Simply for being listed, without a specific contribution that attracts visitors? I disagree. His listing would contain a link to his site, where he can create a revenue stream.

Funny, I hadn't even noticed that he wasn't on the list. o_O

5. I also made the mistake to add drummers too early - a few years later they dissappeared and I hestitate to erase - not easy - but im more careful now.

I'd think this has to be the hardest part.

The music business is so fickle now. One good or even one great gig can end up being temporary at best. Some careers fade off, and others deliberately leave the business.

Was the former drummer of Pearl Jam once on there? Dave Abruzzee (sp?).
Yeah, Dave Abbruzzese is a perfect example. He was on top of the world once, and now? His career took a nosedive and never recovered.

All one has to do is look at an issue of Modern Drummer or Drum! that 10 years old or more and see how many names were hot for a moment, and then were never heard from again.

Yeah, Dave Abbruzzese is a perfect example. He was on top of the world once, and now? His career took a nosedive and never recovered.

All one has to do is look at an issue of Modern Drummer or Drum! that 10 years old or more and see how many names were hot for a moment, and then were never heard from again.

I am not a fan of his playing, but he should be recognized as he’s the drummer that was on the albums and toured with them when they were in their prime. I’m sure there are other drummers on the list there that have similar background considering he was in one of the biggest bands in the world at a time.

On a side note, I think he totally got screwed for the Rock-n-Roll HOF for the same reason. Though they say otherwise, Pearl Jam obviously had something to do with it as Eddie Vedder didn’t like him personally and he’s not even mentioned or shown in PJ20. It is like they want to pretend he was never in the band.

At the very least, they didn’t fight for him to be in it as they may have Matt Cameron.

Back