how much was this kit?

Don't know but if you want ppl to help you could suggest a country, currency, when it actually came out etc

In Australia a 5pce was around 1800 from memory.

Don't know but if you want ppl to help you could suggest a country, currency, when it actually came out etc

yeah in Australia, and i want to know the price for 7 pc not 5 pc, did they ever sale the advantages in 7 pc before? and did it come with all the hardware/cymbals/pedals?

They always came with a hardware pack, and I know the more recent ones were sold with paiste pst3's but I can't tell you much more.

I paid $380 (2nd hand) for a 2009 5 piece in good nick if that's any help. Complete with cymbals, hardware, even a stool.

They always came with a hardware pack, and I know the more recent ones were sold with paiste pst3's but I can't tell you much more.

I paid $380 (2nd hand) for a 2009 5 piece in good nick if that's any help. Complete with cymbals, hardware, even a stool.

i don't think yours is the advantage series was it?

Yes.

People might advertise them pretty high but the used market in Australia is very much a buyers market. If you're selling them you can't expect much.

Yes.

People might advertise them pretty high but the used market in Australia is very much a buyers market. If you're selling them you can't expect much.

Has yamaha stage custom advantage ever been sold in 7 piece?

Has yamaha stage custom advantage ever been sold in 7 piece?

According to this early 2000's catalog, Yamaha only grouped Stage Customs and Stage Custom Advantages in 5-piece kits: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/Drums/DrumMiniCatalog.pdf

The extra toms you have were almost certainly bought as components.

I own a six piece Stage Custom (five toms and the kick, I didn't take the snare that came with it). The way that worked is I went to my local Yamaha dealer, picked a five-piece (10/12/14/20), and he ordered an 8" with extra arm and clamp in exchange for the snare. A few years later, I bought a 14x16 rack tom as a component to match (and eventually put it on floor tom legs).

This is a pretty common practice for most drumkit purchases; very few manufacturers sell large drum packages anymore unless there's some promotional tie-in (like Pearl's Joey Jordison Export kits). And once you get above a certain price point, you buy just about everything outside of four- or five-piece sets a la carte anyway.

It could help to know what you are trying to achieve. Selling? Buying?

Used rule of thumb for selling is half of retail (msrp) and another half of that. $1000 kit you could expect to sell for $250. That would be wholesale, so any other advantages (pun intended) could add value. And condition. That would be huge.

did they ever sale the advantages in 7 pc before? and did it come with all the hardware/cymbals/pedals?

If you're enquiring about the red kit you've purchased, it will have been a 5pc with two toms added on. If you have 8/10/12/13/16 toms it will originally have been 12/13/16 and the 8 and 10 were add ons. If you have 8/10/12/14/16 it will originally have been 10/12/14 with the 8 and 16 added on. Your kit is also not an Advantage, it's a 1st generation which only ever came as "Stage Custom".

I think youre possibly not reading the answers given

There were no 7 shell Stage customs for sale at drum shops unless you asked for add on toms.

Drums generally came as a fusion (kick (20 I think) 10", 12" rack toms and 14' floor tom / 14' snare ie 5 shells)

or a "Power / Rock" config (kick (22 ?) 12 and 13 racks 16 floor and 14 snare)

Some of the fusion kits had an 8 inch thrown in.

The kits had the appropriate tom mounts, snare stand kick pedal and ( I am not totally sure of this) a hi hat stand and 1 or 2 cymbal stands.

They may have had some cheapy cymbals thrown in. (Usually better than the usual cheapies)

For instance the "entry" level Gigmakers have 3 stands and a set of either Paiste 101s or PST3s thrown in.

So if you have 7 shells you got some "add on" toms chucked in.... maybee a mix of a fusion and rock kit...thats more or less what I did,,,a bit of mix and matching to end up with 20 ick and 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 toms and 3 snares of different brands / sizes.

I get the feeling from this and another thread of yours you really want a super special stage custom.

I would say you have a great, long lasting, great sounding kit...... but you havent got a drum you got for a mistaken gem...you might get 1000 aus on todays market (if you include the Zildjian A's)...any more and you will be in for a long wait.

So good news you have a great kit to play around even gig with...but know you havent bought a porsche with VW badges mistakenly stuck on it......

I guess this thread is related to your other thread about the kit you bought for, what was it 1150 dollars Australian?Young man,you're obcessing over nothing.You just aquired this kit recently.Just set them up properly, as a 4 or 7 piece kit(yet another thread),and play them.......,and stop fretting about their value.If you like them,and they sound good to you,then they're worth what you paid.PLAY YOUR DRUMS.:)

Steve B

I guess this thread is related to your other thread about the kit you bought for, what was it 1150 dollars Australian?Young man,you're obcessing over nothing.You just aquired this kit recently.Just set them up properly, as a 4 or 7 piece kit(yet another thread),and play them.......,and stop fretting about their value.If you like them,and they sound good to you,then they're worth what you paid.PLAY YOUR DRUMS.:)

Steve B

Yup and if it's already paid for and the deal is done nothing you can do about it anyway. Time to just play and let it go.

I got a set of Stage Custom Advantages, 22, 10,12,14 and a 14 x 5 snare for $599 USD new from Sam Ash in 2006.

1800 from 18 years ago, or 1800 today's money? how much would 1 dollar worth 18 years ago?

It doesn't matter now.

Your kits maybe worth 4 or 500 bucks. Try selling it, you'll see what I mean.

how much would 1 dollar worth 18 years ago?

hmm suffice to say $1 was worth $1 back then and will be worth $1 in 18 years time

thats like asking what time is the 7 pm news on TV.

As for "value" a product is only worth the price people are willing to pay for it.

If you have a drum kit that you paid $2000 for 18 years ago but no one will buy for anything over $500 ... then your kit is only worth $500 regardless of what you think you should get for it

I am not sure why you are bringing this thread back from the dead, do you think the answers will be different this time around.....??

Back