HOW MUCH IS THIS SNARE - PEARL CHALLENGER 14X5.5

harryconway

Platinum Member
The reality is ...... it's worth what a buyer is willing to spend on one. There are two on eBay right now, both from Japan, and asking almost $700.

Which seems like a hell of a lot of money, as as far as I can tell. It's just a steel snare. Maybe both sellers are waiting for that one collector (who has a Challenger kit - minus snare), who has the deep pockets and needs this.

A "similar" Pearl snare black/gold badge can be had, for around $150. Both are 8 lug snares.

yammyfan

The reality is ...... it's worth what a buyer is willing to spend on one. There are two on eBay right now, both from Japan, and asking almost $700.

Which seems like a hell of a lot of money, as as far as I can tell. It's just a steel snare. Maybe both sellers are waiting for that one collector (who has a Challenger kit - minus snare), who has the deep pockets and needs this.

A "similar" Pearl snare black/gold badge can be had, for around $150. Both are 8 lug snares.
Agreed. That seems like a very basic steel snare. Even $150 sounds generous to me...

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
$700 on eBay? You can get a new Rogers DynaSonic or a DW wood for a few bucks more. Collectors are funny.
They are indeed. I get the feeling of value towards something, but come on!