How much damage can a drum take before its unplayable?

danondrums

The new 'ignore' option is really sweet. I'll be making liberal use of it, because I can't just be on here fighting with people all the time.
It's nice because you still get a notification when someone likes or quotes your post. But it does prevent one from being sucked into the abyss of trying to educate those who wish to stay in their own personal happy land. Which is okay. Someone else's short-sightedness equals more work and opportunity for the grown ups. :) I'm trying to get as much work as a drummer as possible so I'm quite happy with the state of humanity right now. :)

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I believe that a number of drummers in the Katrina-zone could probably let you know how this works out without the need to experiment.
Yep. Most of the suburbs northwest of downtown had water 3 feet deep in their homes for days and days. That’s not even counting places like the Lower 9th Ward. No doubt some gorgeous instruments were completely ruined. That’s another reason I love my spun fiberglass kit.

DEEJGuy

Well, a whole lot of opinions on this video, wish more of it was constructive advice like Danons comment instead of insulting my intelligence but Sorry if you didn’t enjoy it, I think I understand why but we just have a difference of opinion.
Like I said before the drum was on it’s last legs, I personally think there’s already enough drum coffee tables,lamps and when I donate gear it’s not broken down bs, I donate stuff that’s actually useful and in good condition.

What do you guys do with unusable gear? I’d prefer it be used for some thing fun rather than collecting dust in a corner or worse put in the garbage, I’ve never seen someone break a drum so I thought it was a fun idea still do and had a blast making the video with my friends.

should I really be set on fire or drowned for breaking a drum? That’s a little much lol.
Maybe you’ll enjoy some of the stuff I have lined up, maybe not.
Regardless of how you feel
I hope all you dudes are well

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
I agree with Todd, sh*t video..

Also not seeing the joke..........at all....

Also not thinking that you should be set on fire btw and i hope you are well too..

But, the whole thing is just kinda meaningless and useless..

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well, a whole lot of opinions on this video, wish more of it was constructive advice like Danons comment instead of insulting my intelligence but Sorry if you didn’t enjoy it, I think I understand why but we just have a difference of opinion.
Like I said before the drum was on it’s last legs, I personally think there’s already enough drum coffee tables,lamps and when I donate gear it’s not broken down bs, I donate stuff that’s actually useful and in good condition.

What do you guys do with unusable gear? I’d prefer it be used for some thing fun rather than collecting dust in a corner or worse put in the garbage, I’ve never seen someone break a drum so I thought it was a fun idea still do and had a blast making the video with my friends.

should I really be set on fire or drowned for breaking a drum? That’s a little much lol.
Maybe you’ll enjoy some of the stuff I have lined up, maybe not.
Regardless of how you feel
I hope all you dudes are well
I wouldn’t get upset most don’t appreciate my humor either. I took it in the tongue-in-cheek manner so played along . As I mentioned in your defense musicians have done this onstage and I was mocking those roasting you. It’s fine not everyone has same sense of humor and some people are serious minded ( I appreciate that about them). I cut up a lot- always have always will. I like being light hearted because it tones down my aggression and depression. I’m sure I’m on some ignore list but I don’t have one. It’s sort what I’d expect out of a site with beginners to pros. If I was a pro I’d probably feel similarly-I appreciate people serious about their craft.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
Personally i only use YT for music, nothing else, like literally nothing else, thats why i basically never see all those joke videos..

Meaning, i am a bad reference anyway for what youth considers 'humor' nowadays..

I just never liked when people destroy things just for the sake of destroying them (no one can be serious about any 'science' project in this case), even when is someones own property..

In this case, maybe is a little like going on a vegetarian forum and post a video about people eating lots of meat or something like that..

Like, a little provocative, but no reason to set someone to fire about this..:)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Seems a bit ironic to ask for constructive advice when being destructive . Maybe it would have been better to ask for the advice first and then if none of it suited your mood, destroy it with your friends.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm truly offended by the standout distasteful element of this video. Shows a total disregard for the reputation of the wider drumming community, and a terrible example to younger players looking to succeed in their career.

Those shiny purple shorts are horrendous!!!! 🤮🤮🤮

NouveauCliche

Hi,my name is DJ, I've been playing drums for 20 years now and after wanting to do it for a long time i finally started a youtube channel.
Im doing a series about how much you can abuse your gear before its unplayable. the first video i did was of course a drum.

hope you guys enjoy.
You poor guy haha - NO ONE seemed to enjoy this lol.

I'm pretty indifferent - we need a good funny drum presence on youtube like Davie504 is for bass....This isn't it lol.

I think you have to ease people into a "I destroy an instrument" video.

I don't seem to share this whole "Youtube is ONLY for expanding minds and legitimizing the art form" thing that everyone else seems to have here...I fully understand that it's an entertainment platform and for every Mike Johnson that has a channel for learning and sharing that we should have something on the end of the spectrum....but this low key misses the mark.

Not hate - just total indifference.