How much could I sell??

bradmapex

I have a Pearl Chad Smith Sig. Snare. And I am wondering how much do you guys think I could sell it for. It is in immaculate condition, never left my basement, Its just got some fingerprints on it, but I'd most deffinatly shine it up before i sell it. Its also got an Evans Genera Dry HD batter and Hazy 300 reso. What do you guys think? BTW in canadian dollar, Thanks
b r a d .

sabian92

Well, how much did you pay for it?

You can't really raise a value of a snare because of the heads, the likely hood is either the person will not like them or change them anyway.

Moldy

Silver Member
150ish, maybe a bit more if you're lucky.

Why're you selling it? And how was it anyway? If you know, how does it compare to a Tama Metalworks? I've always been insanely curious.

bradmapex

I'm thinking about selling it so I can save up for a new snare. I liked it, but I'm looking for something with a woodier, warmer sound, because i think i grew out of the cold, harshness of steel for now. No, I haven't played the tama metalworks, so sorry. And I know heads don't increase value, i just put that in there, thanks for the help,
b r a d .

Derek

Silver Member
I paid 160.00 American for mine this summer on ebay. That was around the going rate (or a little less) at the time.
Hope that helps ( yeah I realize you said Canadian).

Moldy

Silver Member
Ah, coolness. Yeah, I have the same feelings towards steel now myself, which is why I asked. My Metalworks snare is sitting off to the side for now, heh :)

Good luck on the sale! Just set two prices, one that you'll post it for and the other the absolute minimum you'll sell it for in your head. Post it on Craigslist and then maybe eBay and have patience.