How many pedals have you owned?

Frank

Gold Member
Another thought: it took me a Long time to figure out - I am a Direct Drive guy, not a Chain guy. It really changes the feel of the pedal. Will never, ever, Ever play another chain pedal.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Another thought: it took me a Long time to figure out - I am a Direct Drive guy, not a Chain guy. It really changes the feel of the pedal. Will never, ever, Ever play another chain pedal.
Which one did you go with?

notvinnie

I've probably owned somewhere between 25 and 30 pedals in a little over 40 years of playing. My current Yamaha FP-9500C is my favorite so far.

TJK

Pedals that I’ve had but no longer own
- basic Ludwig pedal that came with my first kit (Ludwig Rocker II)
- DW 5000 single
- DW 5000 double
- Yamaha double
- Calato pedal
- Tama Flexi flyer (if I could have any one of these pedals back it would be this one
What I have now
- Tama Iron Cobra- this has been my primary pedal for almost 20 years now; has needed minimal maintenance, bulletproof durability
- Tama Iron Cobra junior- backup/practice/ rehearsal pedal
- current version basic Yamaha single chain pedal, no base plate- actually really like this pedal, very simple design but plays great; would have no qualms using this as my main pedal
- Mapex single chain pedal, no baseplate- same design as the Yamaha, has a longer foot board; for whatever reason does not play anywhere near as well as the Yamaha. Going to swap out the bearings at some point; maybe that will improve the feel

I am considering purchasing a kit to convert my Powerglide IC to a Flexiglide. Found a website selling the kit for around $30.
I sold my flexi flyer for an eliminator back in the 2000 and could never make it quite feel like the flyer even with the red cam and strap and even the cobra beater. The eliminator is awesome and a lot of fun to play with all the cams but could never get the magic out of it like the flyer. I have not tried the new redline yet however. I wonder what the speed cobra with the flyer cam and strap🤯

RickP

Gold Member
I have owned a LOT of pedals as well .
I currently own 4 pedals
Axis X longboard
Sonor Perfect Balance pedal ( original folding )
Sonor Perfect Balance standard
Yamaha Direct Drive double pedal

I have tried to like DW pedals - having owned a few 5000 and one 9000 pedal but I just cannot get on with the feel .

I had a Ludwig Speed King for a short period but got frustrated with the clamp for the beater shaft constantly coming loose and the pedal sliding down at inconvenient times . It squeaked like crazy too .

The Rogers Big R Supreme model pedal was my main pedal for about twenty years . A superb pedal should never have sold it .i had another recently but I have moved on now and the magic is gone .

Yamaha pedals are very underrated IMHO - nothing fancy just a dependable smooth pedal .

The only pedals I ever regret selling are :
Axis A21 Laser pedal - never should have sold that . A truly superb pedal .

Tama Iron Cobra strap drive pedal . I have always had an affinity for strap drive and direct drive pedals ( I hate chain drive pedals). This Iron. Or a was built like a tank and super smooth . Not exactly sure why I sold it .

I had a Trick Pro 1V that I purchased from Bermuda . My friend Bun E Carlos swears by these pedals and urged me to get one . I bought the pedal but just could not get on with the action of the compression spring . I hated the way it would feel heavier as the beater got closer to impact . A superbly designed and manufactured pedal - just not for me .