How many of you drummers can play the guitar.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey Matt or Bo whatever you are. I clicked on your links great playing really enjoyed it. Why is your picture of a girl if your a dude? Mine is a Dog but we all know Dogs probably can't type or are not interested in this forum. Just curious.
Because she’s a part of me.

Super Phil

I've been playing guitar quite a bit during the whole pandemic thing... been adding to the collection quite a bit too recently picking up a US-made Strat and about to pick up a Peavey doubleneck. 🤘

GOOSE72

I've been playing guitar quite a bit during the whole pandemic thing... been adding to the collection quite a bit too recently picking up a US-made Strat and about to pick up a Peavey doubleneck. 🤘

Phil I started on guitar with a Hondo copy of a Les Paul and then got a Destroyer that I still have. Playing mostly easy stuff to start and with help from my Brother who played guitar moved on to Iron Maiden guitar type stuff got good enough. But my heart was always with the drums. Remember!! The only rule in music is there are no rules.

BruceW

I can form all the major chords, many of the minor ones, and play rudimentary rythmn. Poorly. I wish I played better, but like many things, I haven't put the time in to improve any significant amount.

I play bass better than guitar. Keyboard about the same level as guitar, rudimentary. Years ago, I played most of the brass instruments, in school...

Paul Blood

I know the basic "open chords" and a few movable barre chords, major scales, pentatonic minor scale, blues scale. I learned a little classical guitar and can play a few easy pieces. I played for fun in a mariachi group and I remember most of the strums. I can play bossa nova rhythms. I have been on and off of guitar (mostly off) for the last 45 years! I'm currently "on" and just bought a hybrid acoustic/eclectic nylon string and a loop pedal, and a flamenco guitar instructional book. Fun times await.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Yup, I play acoustic guitar. I don't play leads or scales; I'm primarily a strummer.

I play quite a few other instruments as well (at varying degrees of ability).

Last edited:

Rock Salad

I played electric guitar and bass for a long time.
But for the past few years it is drums, wish i had taken the plunge sooner. I missed out all that time, but am missing out no longer!

rebonn

I'm a fair guitar player and play bass in another band which is actually a better band than the one I play drums in.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Yep been 'playing' for about 30 years, never really got past rhythm guitar but I'm a legendary drunken singalong guy.

I don't play as much as I should, I love 12 strings but the tips of my fingers are too soft, really hurts after a while.