How long do Wuhans last?

joshisaces

Gold Member
Everyone has had a wuhan before. How long has yours lasted and how big was it?

I bought an Agazarian, (heads up.. never buy them.) and it cracked in 4 months..

I want to get a wuhan, because they sound much better than agazarian anyways.

My 16" Wuhan lasted 3 1/2 years. Probably could've lasted longer if I wasn't so dumb. During the summer I was playing along to songs on my iPod and was being a jack*** and was smashing my china very hard, although I never play too loud, and it started to form a little crack. Then as summer went on the crack got bigger and bigger. Metal pieces were always flying off of it; very dangerous. Now about half of the china is literally missing. I'm going to purchase the 14" Wuhan next.

well, not clamping it tight on a stand, not trying to get more volume than its potential, hitting it to the side instead of straight on, gripping your stick loosely so it absorbs some of the shock

well, not clamping it tight on a stand, not trying to get more volume than its potential, hitting it to the side instead of straight on, gripping your stick loosely so it absorbs some of the shock

I don't get where you say "hitting it to the side instead of straight on."

i had a wuhan splash (12 inch) for about 8 months then sold it to my friend for 15 bucks (which i regret) it was great and he still has it and still no cracks.

I have a Wuhan 12" china and have had it for about 6 years now. I never break anything (cymbals or sticks) so I'm not going to try and compare it's durability to other cymbals but my setup is:

13" A custom hi-hats
20" Z custom power ride
16" AAX plosion crash
18" Vault Crash
8" and 12" AAX splashes

The Wuhan fits in just fine with those cymbals. I wish it was an 18" sometimes though. The 12" cuts almost a little too much and if that's what you're looking for then it is the cymbal for you but I'm looking for one to "blend in" a little better now.

The thing to watch out for with Wuhans is that they are VERY inconsistent. If you are interested in buying a Wuhan china, it's imperative that you test every single one they have in the house, because some will sound like sh** and some will sound good. I know that every cymbal has its own "characteristics" but in particular, with the Wuhan, it will be the difference between a proper cymbal and a piece of junk. This is why you hear so many varying opinions about them...

I have a Wuhan 12" china and have had it for about 6 years now. I never break anything (cymbals or sticks) so I'm not going to try and compare it's durability to other cymbals but my setup is:

Wow can you tell me the secret on how not to break sticks?

If you are interested in buying a Wuhan china, it's imperative that you test every single one they have in the house, because some will sound like sh** and some will sound good.

I know, but my local music stores don't have stock them there, so I would have to buy online... :(

i love how inconsistent that are, that's what makes them cool.

How long has yours lasted and how big was it?
Ive never owned one, but trying to estimate how long they will last is an impossible thing to do, suffice to say that their lack of long-term durability is no secret, and is partly why they are cheap to buy.

SERIOUSLY!
post whore. haha easy posts for ya.

How about some 'real' information. ;)

His answer was completely legitimate. If you want a cymbal to last, it will. If you beat the living crap out of it, it won't but again that is your choice.

It would be different if the cymbal is bad quality, or cheaply made. But this is just in general.

Back