How hot was it in Phoenix today ???

basset52

I was there in the summer of 2016. Man it was hot. I thought Australia was hot but Phoenix was next level. I went to see the Diamondbacks play and could not believe how they could get that stadium to about 75 degrees!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I've never been to Phoenix. I hear it's a dry heat. It doesnt usually get that hot here, upper 90s low 100s, but humidity is a nightmare. In 2011 we had 110 - 115 like everyday. It was brutal. I feel for yall.

Is 115 the actual temp or heat index? Our heat index is usually 100 - 110 depending. This year has been pretty mild. Upper 80s to mid 90s.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
115 is the actual temp measured in the shade. Dry heat....well that depends. We are supposed to get monsoons, which can only happen when it's humid. It's been exceptionally dry, and my plants have been committing suicide one by one. Doesn't seem to matter how much I water them this year. If nothing else, the monsoons give the poor plant life some nice breaks and nutrients to weather the heat.

Last edited:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Spring of 1988...May....30 days straight of 100 degree heat and over 90% humidity.

That was the month I decided to start work with a Hay and Straw business, picking up hay and straw, sometimes in the fields, and delivering it to racehorse farms.

OMG some of the barns were so hot, and the dust was so bad that when I spit, it looked like Satan's spit, pure black, floors falling through, snakes in the straw piles, those metal shipping containers were all ovens...I became a man that year. I was hot and sweaty, and the hay leaves would stick to my wet bare skin, I was alfalfa man!

Alex Luce

Pro Drummer
115 is the actual temp measured in the shade. Dry heat....well that depends. We are supposed to get monsoons, which can only happen when it's humid. It's been exceptionally dry, which is causing my plants have been committing suicide one by one. Doesn't seem to matter how much I water them this year. If nothing else, the monsoons give the poor plant life some nice breaks and nutrients to weather the heat.
It is hot and it’s going to be hotter than HELL for the next 7 days! Just adjusted my irrigation controller to water everything twice per day. Thanks for the reminder...ha ha!

Local Oaf

I lived in the Phoenix Metro for 12 years. And from 2000 to 2003 (ages 16-19), I worked as a cart guy at the Whole Foods in Tempe. The summers were so hot and the carts were metal and we didn’t have one of those machines to push the carts for us, so it was all brawn. It would get up to like 117 or so, but the blacktop of the parking lot would amplify that heat. One time one of the soles of my Chuck Taylors began melting, no joke. It was slightly deformed after that. I live in Austin Texas now, which is still hot, but nowhere near as bad as Phx is.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
We have friends who moved into a newly built home in Mesquite TX just outside of Ft. Worth and they had to water the foundation of their house.
Is that also a common practice Southwest?

johnwesley

Silver Member
We have friends who moved into a newly built home in Mesquite TX just outside of Ft. Worth and they had to water the foundation of their house.
Is that also a common practice Southwest?
No not a common practice. If it was a new house, it sounds to me like they were wetting the new concrete to prevent it from cracking due to drying too fast.

I've never been to Phoenix. I hear it's a dry heat.
Yeah it's a dry heat, just like the oven in your home.

bud7h4

Silver Member
N. Florida

Temp: 93
Humidity: All the Humidity

NouveauCliche

Comedian Ron White reacting to an audience member yelling "You're going to burn in hell.".......White said "Doesn't scare me, I live in Phoenix."
BTW.....it's now Friday (2 days later) and 118 degrees !!

Eff that.

I grew up in colorado and I'm a shorts in the snow kinda guy - that's why I literally only lasted ONE summer in Scottsdale before never going back again haha. (Well to live I mean)

Ransan

Comedian Ron White reacting to an audience member yelling "You're going to burn in hell.".......White said "Doesn't scare me, I live in Phoenix."
BTW.....it's now Friday (2 days later) and 118 degrees !!
Nice - Ron White is locally from Fritch, TX he’s a gem! His sister Shea did local morning radio for 107.9 z-rock station in amarillo in the early mid 2ks, she’s just as abrasive.
How hot are you guys compared to Needles, CA.
I remember one July in ‘03 in Needles while passing through we step outside and my lips and eyes immediately burned. I asked the gas station clerk and he said it was 122 without flinching, I was in hell.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Needles generally gets hotter. The hottest on record here in Phoenix was 122 back in June 1990. We're setting and breaking records here this year however. So far 38 days of 110 degrees with 8 of them 115 or over. Been here since 1980 and can tell you that you never get "used to it".

P

Peedy

Needles generally gets hotter. The hottest on record here in Phoenix was 122 back in June 1990. We're setting and breaking records here this year however. So far 38 days of 110 degrees with 8 of them 115 or over. Been here since 1980 and can tell you that you never get "used to it".

That’s oppressive and the hottest I’ve ever experienced. We owned Wave Runners 1997 to 2012 and went to Bullhead City, AZ 5-7 times every year. 122 degrees felt like we were on fire almost. You had to be inside or at the river.

And our part of the L. A. Basin is supposed to be 105 this week.