How does Nandi do it?

Trigger

Hah, thats so cool - I'd say she does it like everyone else. A shitload of practise, combined with someone who knows how to do marketing.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I’m interested to see what she does when she’s grown. I hope she gets some inspiration from Emmanelle Caplette, I think she could be a really good role model

JimmyM

Platinum Member
Hah, thats so cool - I'd say she does it like everyone else. A shitload of practise, combined with someone who knows how to do marketing.
Her dad is a musician and gives her some help with recording and editing. And popular musicians keep giving her cool gear (she also plays guitar and bass) and Dave Grohl has been giving her gigs. But mostly it’s the shitload of practice. It really shows from her early vids up to now.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Well you have to keep passing the torch to keep music alive-I love to see this in our younger generations. Interesting in this vid looks like just two mounted toms.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
Well you have to keep passing the torch to keep music alive-I love to see this in our younger generations. Interesting in this vid looks like just two mounted toms.
I bet the floor tom blocked her camera angle off too much. Gotta see the footwork.

She has a vid of a song she wrote and plays/sings everything, and it’s pretty darn good. Her voice hasn’t matured yet but she can sing quite well. I think she could be a really strong front person if she wanted.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Talent, practice, and a ton of charisma. I have been following her since she first challenged Dave Grohl to a drum-off, and I have to say, she's a breath of fresh air in this cynical, false-faced world of ours. Here's hoping she keeps it real, the sky's the limit.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Her dad is a musician and gives her some everything needed to practice multiple instruments and develop great discipline. He also helps with recording and editing.
FIFY

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I don’t really care how she got the instruments. He’s not playing them for her.
That’s not the point. Her father is 100% supportive of her endeavors, induding transportation to/from lessons of all her instruments. He‘s not merely her video editor and cheerleader.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
That’s not the point. Her father is 100% supportive of her endeavors, induding transportation to/from lessons of all her instruments. He‘s not merely her video editor and cheerleader.
Didn’t mean to imply that was all he did. It’s a big job to support your kid like that.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member

Which is quite different than most of us who got: "Knock that off!" and "Don't practice after 6pm!" or the ever-popular "Are you still doing that drumming thing?"

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
Which is quite different than most of us who got: "Knock that off!" and "Don't practice after 6pm!" or the ever-popular "Are you still doing that drumming thing?"
Exactly, as my dad would say:
"I hate music"