How does my drumming sound

The Stones Rock

Heres a recording of my band playing Another brick in the wall part 2 by Pink Floyd. Im just wondering how ya'll think my drumming sounds.

Oh and just ignore the guy singing, our singer wasent here today and we just had the guitarest sing.

Attachments

• 4-18-10 Another Brick part2-1.MP3
    3.8 MB · Views: 304
Heres a recording of my band playing Another brick in the wall part 2 by Pink Floyd. Im just wondering how ya'll think my drumming sounds.

Oh and just ignore the guy singing, our singer wasent here today and we just had the guitarest sing.

The question is, how do you think it sounds? I have heard very successful drummers with shifty time, for some music, that is perfect. So let us know what you think , and what your goals are....punk rock garage band, or DW clinic tour?

Casper

Yeah I use one now. But for the first year and a half of playing i didnt because my teacher never said anything about using one.

Seriously?! Get a new teacher. I never played without a metronome during any lesson with my old teacher. I would think that is a pretty basic tool that a good instructor would use with every student right from the beginning.

Cool playing though...

Seriously?! Get a new teacher. I never played without a metronome during any lesson with my old teacher. I would think that is a pretty basic tool that a good instructor would use with every student right from the beginning.

Cool playing though...

Yeah I stopped taking lessons from him a couple months ago. He also never taught me anything about rudiments :/

He also never taught me anything about rudiments :/

In my opinion a drummer that doesn't know rudiments is just wasting their time. Rudiments make drumming what it is. I hate listening to some guy on youtube that can't do a flam. (Not that I'm saying anything bad about you I'm just generalizing) Then you get some guy that can't even do a 9 stroke roll the right way. Thats annoying.

In my opinion a drummer that doesn't know rudiments is just wasting their time. Rudiments make drumming what it is. I hate listening to some guy on youtube that can't do a flam. (Not that I'm saying anything bad about you I'm just generalizing) Then you get some guy that can't even do a 9 stroke roll the right way. Thats annoying.

Yeah but I'm starting to work on Stick Control and I'm going to get Jojo Mayers dvd.

Thanks for posting that song. I enjoy Pink Floyd a lot, and it was really cool to hear your bands version of the song. I'd have to agree with the tempo being a bit of an issue, though I have heard tons worse, so don't get down on that. Keep practicing with a metronome and this problem will be gone in no time. And tell your singer that he can't miss anymore recording sessions :)

Back