How do you readjust your butt on your throne?

topgun2021

Gold Member
I have a pinched nerve or something on my left cheek and I have to adjust to get comfortable while playing. I usually do a little hop off the throne and then land my butt in a slightly different spot.

I haven't seen myself do this in a recording yet, so I do not know if it is highly noticeable.

soulfly28

I do a slight butt roll forward and to the side. If you time it wrong, it is noticeable though. I got plenty of practice with my old ludwig throne which felt like just the wood then the covering. No padding at all :(

BabyBob

Silver Member
Create a diversion if you're recording a video...maybe a stick trick and sneakily move yo bum.

A

audiotech

Maybe a different type seat would help. I know that certain styles or widths of seats affect a nerve in the bottom of my legs where it contacts the seat after a period of time. This happens mainly with wide round seats. I spend a lot of time sitting on drum thrones making believe that I'm trying out new pedals just because the nerve problem isn't quickly recognized. As for adjusting, just make believe you're repositioning a cymbal stand, lol.

Dennis

Toolate

Platinum Member
I have several thrones and the Roc n Soc one is my fav for comfort but also because it seems to slide only when I want it to on my drum rug. I can just pull or push myself in or out easily and make a quick lift and adjust on it more easily than others. Its light overall and the feet are perfect for my carpet.

I think I would usually do that just after a kick so my feet arent doing anything when adjusting myself.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I have not had to worry about this since getting my pork pie throne. Not only does it look ridiculous with the red glitter and felt top, it also has about 6 inches of crazy comfy memory foam like a mattress. It conforms to me, however I sit down on it, and never cuts off circulation like the old vinyl covered "regular" seats I used to sit on. My back also thanks me for the incredible support it gives.

mikeyhanson

Silver Member
Man, I want one of those Pork Pie thrones. Not available anywhere near me, tho. Probably have to bite the bullet and internat'l ship. Crud.

OrangeAgent27

Silver Member
I have the pork pie with red glitter and zebra top. I'm channeling my inner Liberace. Anyhow, my butt stays so in place, I have a tendency to push my bass drum forward.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Just a thought...do you have a wallet in your back pocket? I take mine out when I'm driving and drumming because it hits right on a nerve and makes life less comfortable. Is that a possibility?

Sjogras

Silver Member
Just a thought...do you have a wallet in your back pocket? I take mine out when I'm driving and drumming because it hits right on a nerve and makes life less comfortable. Is that a possibility?
I remove everything when drumming, wallet, phone, keys, even my belt. Haven't noticed any specific nerves getting affected but I'm 22 years old, maybe that's an issue for you older cats :)

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I remove everything when drumming, wallet, phone, keys, even my belt. Haven't noticed any specific nerves getting affected but I'm 22 years old, maybe that's an issue for you older cats :)
Funny. I do the same... On an open mic night I attend, I leave all kinds of clutter around the drum kit because I'm playing a lot and it's too much hassle to keep collecting everything and putting it back on my person. I particularly don't like to have my watch on when I play.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Man, I want one of those Pork Pie thrones. Not available anywhere near me, tho. Probably have to bite the bullet and internat'l ship. Crud.
It would be worth it to me... "Guitar Center" often has sales at different times of the year, you can get a very significant discount that might help offset the shipping cost.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It's not an age thing, it's where my particular nerve resides and how my wallet presses against it. It's only an issue when I am on a long car drive, but I empty my pockets for drumming anyway, just to eliminate any discomforting possibilities.

topgun2021

Gold Member
No wallet. I had a blood clot through my left leg, so I think it is part of the aftermath.