How do you drum along with music?

Zickos

Gold Member
I like to play along in the car.

I found this new jazz station that plays a lot of Frank Sinatra, Michael Blublee, etc. My right hand on the steering wheel is the ride cymbal and my left hand on the steering wheel is the snare. These can also be brushes for softer tunes. My right foot is, of course, the hi hat. My doctor and my lawyer told me to quit practicing bass drum. The doctor says I have symptoms of whiplash and my lawyer says I'm getting too many tickets. :-(

MartiMMM

REALLY? you need to hear yourself? I know what each drum sounds like when I hit it so whats the point of hearing it?? the point is trying to hear the music to learn the song! and btw, shove your picture up you *&%!
Then if you practice th
You need to hear your drums to know what your playing? thats pretty sad, someday mayube youll be as good as me, untill then, keep stinking it up with the amatuers!
Well, if you practice that way your dynamics on drums will not be as good as other drummers. Wish you bad luck in your practices!

MartiMMM

You need to hear your drums to know what your playing? thats pretty sad, someday mayube youll be as good as me, untill then, keep stinking it up with the amatuers!
And technically, you're the amateur who thinks that drumming doesn't require you to hear your own playing, and correct your timing and all. Drumming is not all about just knowing how your drums sound like. It involves dynamics, and feel for the song. Playing drums without hearing yourself drum is like running in the forest without looking at what obstacles you might hit.