How do y'all keep sticks on your bass drum?

or a full blown " Drummers Suit " with all the built in Acoutre' ments so to speak.. Key on the Knee, I hate the way they vibrate when left on a lug..It could have stick thigh brackets for easy in reach pick up when dropping a stick. and built in ear monitors , and body cam.

Last edited:
Never needed a stick holder I just leave them on the snare. Why anyone will risk scratching up their drums by doing this I don't understand.

Vic Firth stick tube attached to my hi-hat stand. Smallish, but it has enough room for a pair of brushes and 3 sticks, which is good enough for me.

Putting them on the bass drum will wear away the finish as they move with playing. I always use a clamp on either my high hat stand or my mic stand. No equipment damage then.

For most gigs I use a stick quiver on my snare. I rarely drop sticks, and don't chop through them. Two pairs - one in my hands, and one in the quiver - is usually enough. I only bring a stick bag if the gig calls for a variety of textures; sticks, brushes, mallets, rods, etc.

For sticks on the kick, they are going to shift with each note. Old school is to stick them between tension rods. Can get a little ugly with multiple pairs. Or use a spring/coil holder that clamps to the hoop. There are few kick mounted stick holders on the market based on the latter.

Gibraltar makes a clamp on model.

There are also molded foam options like this...

I have no room for that, there is one of me two cowbells here, but the system is great I think!!

Last edited:
Putting them on the bass drum will wear away the finish as they move with playing. I always use a clamp on either my high hat stand or my mic stand. No equipment damage then.
Yup!

I had a matte finish PDP set, used to lay sticks up top and noticed after a while, there was some wear from the vibrations….

Bag on the right and a holder now off the hh std

Vic Firth stick tube attached to my hi-hat stand. Smallish, but it has enough room for a pair of brushes and 3 sticks, which is good enough for me.
This is my method. I have my stick bag nearby to replenish the tube between songs, were I to somehow run out of those.

I do put my mallets on my kick drum, for the few times that I do a cymbal swell. They don't move at all on my main kit, on my smaller kit they do bounce around a little, but its still no worry.

Back