How do my hands look?

iontheable

And sound!?

So, with two tv dinner trays, a camcorder on my phone and a loud tv in the background I have filmed a brief video of mostly single stroke based work. Some diddles, some trips, nothing fancy. I tried to use a variety of techniques, from my everyday German grip, some push-pull, a little [broken] Moeller and a little fingers only.

Just looking to get some feedback, the sound came out decent, so hopefully you can hear my spacing..this is of course without a met and I wasn't attempting to actually keep time..this is more about hand technique.

Thanks for any critiques.

(I couldn't figure out how to embed a photobucket .mp4.so hopefully the link works!)

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc472/ofuncommonflight/?action=view&current=VID_20120128_185024.mp4

topgun2021

Gold Member
Use more lotion.

I doubt you actually do this, but having your wrists ABOVE your elbows is weird. At least that is what the camera angle looks like.

SergiuM

I agree with topgun. Your hands look way too high, they look very uncomfortable. That's probably because of the dinner trays, but try playing on a lower surface.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Use more lotion.

I doubt you actually do this, but having your wrists ABOVE your elbows is weird. At least that is what the camera angle looks like.
Ditto. Your pad is way too high to simulate a snare drum unless it's drumlin or corps.
Find a way to lower the table or raise yourself up.

Boomka

Platinum Member
Grip and general mechanics seem fine. As others have commented, you'll get more mileage out of parallel or slightly downward attitude of the forearms. Otherwise, you look relaxed and in control.