How do I go about buying rack toms ? ( i do not know how to delete this, i did not realize i posted this in " drum Technique "

ResalableDruid3

I am wanting to buy another rack tom to go with my kit. As of now i have a single tom in a snare basket and I am buying a drum rack, I plan to put the tom in the basket and another onto the rack. What should I take into account when searching for another tom? and where do i buy said tom ? i have searched all through amazon and nothing looks all that appealing.

Obviously, you'll want to consider the size of your new tom in relation to your current one. Do you want to go bigger or smaller, deeper or shallower? Also, do you want the new tom to match the make, model, and finish of you current tom? If so, that narrows, and thus simplifies, your search a great deal. You can sometimes find single toms on sites such as Musician's Friend and Sweetwater. Searching the used market would be wise too. Finally, ordering a tom directly from a manufacturer is an option.

Last edited:
Obviously, you'll want to consider the size of your new tom in relation to your current one. Do you want to go bigger or smaller, deeper or shallower? Also, do you want the new tom to match the make, model, and finish of you current tom? If so, that narrows, and thus simplifies, your search a great deal. You can sometimes find single toms on sites such as Musician's Friend and Sweetwater. Searching the used market would be wise too. Finally, ordering a tom directly from a manufacturer is an option.
For the size , i do have an idea what i want. and you say i could just search the make and model and they would have different size toms ?

For the size , i do have an idea what i want. and you say i could just search the make and model and they would have different size toms ?

I would pinpoint the make and model I wanted and start my search in that fashion. I'm sure you can find a tom on the preowned market. Lots of drummers have extra toms they don't use on a regular basis -- or at all, for that matter. There's a lot of equipment in circulation these days. And, as I mentioned in my previous post, you can always order a new tom if you can't find what you want elsewhere.

First what brand, and what finish, then size. What brand are you playing?? If you are buying a rack why not put both toms on the rack and get rid of the snare stan. Less hardware, less work. Cymbal stands on the rack, using the top of the stands. Clean thing up some. Less floor clutter.

Give us the details and you will have links soon enough. Size, brand, model, color, these things will help immensely.

sorry i got really busy with some crap and have not checked this. I own a Pearl Roadshow 5 piece , and the color is black. I should also mention the tom i have now is a 12 inch , i am probably going to get a 10 inch

sorry i got really busy with some crap and have not checked this. I own a Pearl Roadshow 5 piece , and the color is black. I should also mention the tom i have now is a 12 inch , i am probably going to get a 10 inch

I'm sure there are enough Road Show parts in circulation to suit your needs. You should be able to find a 10" tom with moderate effort.

Back