How can I remove the Vic Firth Logo?

sacred

Hey guys and girls!

I wanted to get the Vic Firth Essentials Stick bag but I wanted to remove the Vic Firth logo. can I have some help on how I can remove the logo. Thanks!

Attachments

• dagivicesb_0.jpg
    dagivicesb_0.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 561
Black duct tape.

I think most solvents have the potential to discolor the black dye of the fabric. Got to a hobby store or something and either find a cover-tape that matches well enough, or get a dark pen and color in the logo so it's hard to make out. You could maybe try scraping it a bit?

Maybe someone else knows of a color-safe solvent that might work?

Hi Sacred and welcome to DW. How about black duct tape or gorilla tape?

You friend, Force3005

What in the world for.? Do you endorse another company?

Some drummers have not yet chosen a company to endorse. Some balk at the principle of being a walking billboard for free. I'm probably more the former than the latter, mainly because I believe someone should be able to put their name on something they made. Big, annoyingly colorful, branding often detracts from how people perceive an item. VF went full on Mapex here.

Sincerely
KAMAK

Wow what a cute little bag.

But seriously, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I could use that.

I can understand the question.

I get having the logos, but the manufacturers are out of control with them. Makes everything look cheesy.

This is what a reasonable logo on that bag should look like.

Attachments

• Vic.png
    Vic.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 491
That brings up the point: If you really really don't like them logos, you can buy 2 of the stickbags, and sacrifice one to cut the material and sew it over the logos on the in-tact bag. For that matter, if you're really industrious, you could probably cut out the logos on the one bag, and flip them around and sew them back in. I wouldn't have the sewing skills to do it nicely, but maybe someone around you does?

One thought is to try some citrus paint stripper along with a wire brush. That might get rid of the logos, and I doubt it would harm the fabric either way.

Alternatively, they make spray paint specifically for fabrics, and you can find it at craft stores. A can of black fabric paint ought to mask the logo well enough that it can't be seen from the audience. If the outline is still there, and that annoys you, then mechanical abrasion plus fabric paint would get you there.

Soak in varsol or paint thinner, remove and brush paint. Warning: your bag may stink for a long time.
Better suggestion, leave as is.

If you are buying the bag cos its the best one for your requirements does it really matter what is written on it?

It really does matter to some of us. I don't like big logos all over my equipment. I hate the big logos on a bass drum head, and I get rid of those. I hate the big logos on cymbals these days. I miss when a Zildjian logo was nothing but an imprint, not a Giant ink stamp.

Get a Kaces stick bag instead. ;)

This is a winning answer. Both Kaces and SKB stick bags do not have obnoxious sized logos. We have a winner.

Also for the person who asked if we'd be parading around with a stick bag:
What about going to open jams? When I do, I carry just a stick bag. I'd rather it not be a drum product billboard.

I agree with the others, find a different stick bag if the logo bothers you. By the time you buy whatever it takes to remove it and spend the time you'll have doubled the cost of the bag. Might as well just get a different one.

Back