How are you carrying your double pedals to the gig?

BigDinSD

Gold Member
Basically, I was wondering if you pack your double pedals in your hardware bag or use a separate pedal case for them?

Packing them in a hardware bag seems more efficient, but they're bound to get tossed around and scratched up.

However, their own cases would fall off the cart because of their odd shapes.I guess you could strap them to something?

Thanks for your input!

mine go in their own pedal case that they came with. i keep it with my cymbal bag so they are always moved togeather and i wont forget them.

I use an old plastic tool box that I bought especially for that purpose. About 20 years ago!

I use an old plastic tool box that I bought especially for that purpose. About 20 years ago!

That's one of my options. I ain't spendin' $100 for the Trick pedal case (especially after dropping $$ on the pedals already).

Do you use a cart? If so, how do you secure it from dropping?

You can buy a generic double pedal bag online for much less than a hundred bucks.
If you throw them in your hardware bag they will eventually get messed up.

no i dont use a cart, i have wheels on all my bags except my bass drum bag. i use protec gear that fits three toms at a time, i put 1 fllor, snare and rack tom in one and one floor in another. last night i put my peda bag and stick bag in with my second floor tom.. i need a roadie!

The Tama Iron Cobra comes with a pretty nice case,and my other pedals have Pelican cases,which are customizeable and pretty bullet proof.They aren't cheap,but you can drop one off of a 3 story building without damaging the contents.

Steve B

I'm not using double pedals anymore but I put my single DW5000 in the hardware bag opposite where the hi-hat is. With all the stands in between, it's wedged in there pretty well. Never had any problems with it. What sorts of things happen to kick pedals in the hardware bag? The ends of the stands have rubber tips and my snare stand is usually what's wedged up against the kick pedal, so it doesn't even get scratched.

I haven't touched a double pedal in a few years ...but back when I toured with one I used this hardware case and just folded the 5000 in on itself and dropped them in that little top gray compartment corner to corner ......served me well for many years on the road

still have the case if anyone wants it

:)

skbq.jpg

today my single pedal has its own case......I put it in the hardware bag sometimes but never feel fully comfortable with that

mine gets laid carefully in the back seat of my truck - no cases here

Every pedal I've bought came in a nylon/plastic carrying case and it's just really handy, I don't know why you would put them with stands.

I don't actually have a hardware case for anything else though. Something I need to look into.

That's one of my options. I ain't spendin' $100 for the Trick pedal case (especially after dropping $$ on the pedals already).

Do you use a cart? If so, how do you secure it from dropping?

Nope, I just carry everything in. With some help if I'm lucky. Haven't used my double pedal lately though. I just pack my single pedal with other small hardware and other stuff (stick bag, etc.) in a wheeled gym bag. Longer stands go in a long hardware bag.

I haven't touched a double pedal in a few years ...but back when I toured with one I used this hardware case and just folded the 5000 in on itself and dropped them in that little top gray compartment corner to corner ......served me well for many years on the road

Yep, same case as I use. Pedal gets folded in half and tossed in the top. Buying that case was a great investment for me. It made life a lot easier although I often need help carrying it up and down the stairs. People don't like you to drag cases up their nice wooden steps.

I've seen younger drummers and their roadie friends actually pick up the double pedal by the connecting rod with both pedals still attached, sling it over their shoulder and walk away like that.

Needless to say, don't do that.

still have the case if anyone wants it

:)

skbq.jpg

today my single pedal has its own case......I put it in the hardware bag sometimes but never feel fully comfortable with that

i have this same trap case, it was expensive but worth the $$

My old pedals went in a pedal case which went inside the hardware bag, it fit nicely cause it was pretty small. Now Ii have Iron cobras I use the case that came with it which doesn't fit so nicely, not really a problem since I have a vocalist who doubles as a roadie ;)

skbq.jpg

that looks a pretty nice case, which one is it and can you still buy them?

Back