"Hot n Cold" by Katy Perry!

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hey everybody!

Just sharing with you my latest vid. Havin' some fun with this pop tune.

Drumming-wise... nothing impressive, of course, but it's a fun song to play and I did my best to come up with a fun video too. :)

Katy Perry - Hot n Cold - Drum Cover

I hope you like it!

Cheers!

Fox622003

Gold Member
Hey Diego, good stuff.

Still, for such a popular song, I think you either have to bring it up a notch, or not cover it at all.

Not sure if you've seen Jimmy cover Katy Perry. I know he's a very special drummer, but still, that's the kinda thing that you gotta do with music as this. There's no merit or lure for peple to watch otherwise in my opinion.

Now, I ain't sayin' it doesn't look like you're having a ton of fun, and that this is bad; but I've watched Jimmy's several times, and there's always something new. Yours, I'm not so sure I'd watch again.

Fox.

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hey Diego, good stuff.

Still, for such a popular song, I think you either have to bring it up a notch, or not cover it at all.

Not sure if you've seen Jimmy cover Katy Perry. I know he's a very special drummer, but still, that's the kinda thing that you gotta do with music as this. There's no merit or lure for peple to watch otherwise in my opinion.

Now, I ain't sayin' it doesn't look like you're having a ton of fun, and that this is bad; but I've watched Jimmy's several times, and there's always something new. Yours, I'm not so sure I'd watch again.

Fox.
Well, firstly, thanks a lot for watching and giving you opinion, man, I appreciate it.

I totally get what you say. I didn't know Jimmy until know, and wow, he can really play! I'm not even half as good as him, though, so trying to do a cover like that would end up really bad. I just listened to this song and thought "hey, this is fun", and recorded it the way it came out spontaneously for me. I'm not a busy player, I have fun just playing for the song, but yeah, I'm aware that's not for everybody.

Anyway, like I said, I totally understand what you're saying and again, thanks a lot for your time and attention.

Cheers.