home made double bass

klutaa

is there any way tht any1 has found to make a double kick without spending 100 bucks.
with just stuff u could buy semi cheap?

klutaa

home, made...
without-spending-100-dollars...
it just a question if anyone has found a way. tht's all. i can go to guitarcenter myself.
thnks for the offer

jeffwj

Platinum Member
You want to make a double bass drum set up?
Try craigslist.com or other classified ads. Find a used bass drum and bass drum pedal.

It may not match the color, but you can always recover the drum later.

For example - Bass pedal - $20
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1036529867.html

Bass Drum (w/extras) - $40
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1037403757.html

Total Cost - $60
I found that in a few minutes by looking through my classifieds.

or get a used bass drum pedal instead of double bass - $50
http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1016985532.html

Buzter

That's funny because when I got my first double pedal there weren't but a few and they were very expensive. I ended up getting a cheapie for 300 bucks or so. Now for 100 bucks you can get something even better. That's pretty cheap.

ermghoti

Silver Member
home, made...
without-spending-100-dollars...
it just a question if anyone has found a way. tht's all. i can go to guitarcenter myself.
thnks for the offer
Buying individual parts would be prohibitively expensive, so you would have to one-off fabricate virtually everything. If you're asking, I'm guessing this work would be beyond your scope, and even if you had access to the appropriate equipment and skills (metal lathing, mills, etc.) it would never be worth your time.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Buying individual parts would be prohibitively expensive, so you would have to one-off fabricate virtually everything. If you're asking, I'm guessing this work would be beyond your scope, and even if you had access to the appropriate equipment and skills (metal lathing, mills, etc.) it would never be worth your time.
Agreed.

There is a certain degree of engineering that goes into a basic double pedal design, and not exactly something you can go to a hardware store and buy stock parts for and then assemble.

A person could order two double universal joints, and cut a cross bar out of something, but trying to attach it to two pedals would be difficult, as it's nothing would line up properly.

If you took some advanced metal shop class you could perhaps figure out how to do it, but by the time it was all put together, I'd hardly think it would save any money over an inexpensive double pedal.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
It doesn't seem worth the trouble when you can easily find a cheap double-kick pedal, used, for around $50.

jeffwj

Platinum Member
It seems as if we're just talking to ourselves. Klutta, we didn't scare you off did we? Come back!!! I guess the general consensus is that the pedals themselves are so expensive that it would take more time and money to fabricate something.

Now if you are an inventor who wants to build a better pedal, I would suggest buying some used ones - take them apart and put them back together. See what works and what doesn't. If you find a way of doing it better, file for a patent on the idea and shop it around to some companies or find the capital to put it into production yourself.

klutaa

sorry lol
im no engineer i was just curiou to see if anyone found anyway simple.
60 dollars is deff better. i think im just gonna have to strt saveing..