Holy Drum Hoarder Batman!

Just wondering how long it would take me to get there!

Pfft...Bermuda wannabe. That's one big pile o' drums.

When do we leave? I can take 4 in my car....

Last edited:
Can anyone stop themself from smiling from ear to ear when looking at this? I for one, am glad it is about 1500 miles from me (I had to map it). Who would be satisfied walking in there and just getting a few snares, or a drumset? You'd be kicking yourself all the way home that you didn't buy more, unless the prices are out of line.
Also, how do you pick just one snare and leave all of those other sad eyed drums orphaned?

Man..those copper wrapped 70's Slingerlands are worth the drive alone.RK's supras,Shelbyville Slingerlands,vintage Tama superstars,and I'll wager ..a wood Dyna sonic in that pile........this is something I'll lose sleep over...I would ,however call ahead to get an idea as to what kind of prices the's asking,bearing in mind that in most cases,a little knowledge,is a dangerous thing,and people often ask sky high prices when dealing in "old vintage drums".They often feel,just because something's old,it's worth lots of coin.....which is NOT the case.:)

Steve B

Last edited:
I see this ad posted on CL every few weeks. Cash only, and you will pay a premium for anything not junk. He wanted 800 for a 402.

But where will we put the drums?

Someone will have to drive the Uhaul truck.... :)

Maybe if they sit long enough his prices will come down?

I see this ad posted on CL every few weeks. Cash only, and you will pay a premium for anything not junk. He wanted 800 for a 402.

Jeeez, did you have to ruin it for us? I was going to be up all night trying to come up with my escape plan for the weekend. I won't pay "too much" for a drum though, so I guess I need to try to forget about those drums. . . . . It's not working.

This is exactly what I was talking about.That is just way out of wack,unless it was a COB or a new old stock in the original box,possibly be worth 800.Just a little basic research will tell you what resale prices are on used/vintage drums.He's probably getting bad advise from someone,or the onetime owner left a price list of what to sell his collection for.

With prices like that,those drums will be around for some time to come.

Steve B

Here's the status of the ad now:

"This posting has been deleted by its author."

Did anybody happen to copy any of the pictures? I would like to see what all the hype was about.

Hey guys, this location is only 30 minutes from me here in St. Louis, MO. Unfortunately the riots in Ferguson are also the same distance. :(

If I go to this place.....my 6 month old daughter will not go to college!

Enjoy!

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/4611861154.html

Hey man! I don't even have to look at the ad to know what it is. HA HA... That has been on CraigsList for a while. Some people were posting that they went to his house and the guy in charge of selling everything was a real douchebag. Who knows if that's true.

The Guitar Center drum guys from the Crestwood location went there when the owner died recently and bought several snare drums. Some cool stuff too.

I just bought the copper Yamaha snare you see in one of those pics from GC. :) I paid $250 from GC, which means they probably gave them $100. Of course, they bought like 10-15 snares at once.

Here's the status of the ad now:

"This posting has been deleted by its author."

Did anybody happen to copy any of the pictures? I would like to see what all the hype was about.

I missed it too. Maybe someone can grab a pic next time it comes up.

Back