Holiday Gifts, anyone?

BGH

Gold Member
Anyone get themselves a nice drum related holiday gift? Also feel free to chime in after Christmas if you get something as a gift from someone else. I'll start: got myself a 1966 Ludwig Hollywood in gold sparkle.

Attachments

• Lud2.JPG
    Lud2.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 773
A classy classic! Congrats and Merry Christmas to you.
I bought a new copy of stick control to replace the ratty old original I bought 30 years ago.

I got myself a nice new LM402 to go with the new Mapex MyDentity kit and a set of Paiste 2002 stocking stuffers!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20121221_180233.jpg
    IMG_20121221_180233.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 656
Love those Ludwigs! I bought myself a new Yamaha Stage Custom set in cranberry red (see my other threads for pics) and the boyfriend got me a new Pearl 900 bass pedal and a set of Steve Gadd wire brushes. It's been a very drummy holiday so far for me!

Happy Drumming and Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm getting plenty of gifts right now, on this forum - they're called spam and need to be cleaned ;-)

I made myself some gift just minutes ago and ordered myself the very best digital processor for guitar sounds/fx (for those who care - it's the Fractal Audio Axe Fx II) - sorry I know this is not drum related - as I'm starting to do (small) gigs so I can avoid shlepping my 'real' (analog) gear and bring some small (digital) thingy just for more convenience. (As for the shlepping - every gigging drummer has my utmost respect... gigging as a drummer is still ahead of me, haha).

Ok, next time I have some gear update it'll be drum stuff, I promise!

It's supposed to be a surprise but I think I'm getting a Meinl Headliner cajon from my wife. The box looks to be the right size for it.

As remarked upon in my other thread, my early Christmas present was a long-coveted pair of 13" K/Z hats (80's vintage) sold to me used but in awesome condition for $100. They go wonderfully with my also relatively new 5x12 snare.

Attachments

• KZ hats.jpg
    KZ hats.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 622
Awsome kit BGH....I asked for those ,,my wife got me a new roc soc throne instead witch I really love....No more sore backs

I'm still revelling in last year's gift!

Attachments

• jndc.jpg
    jndc.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 604
I got myself a used Roland PD-120 pad for my V-Drums (to have a bigger snare) and my wife got me a Renown snare that matches my kit. That's it for drum related gifts!

Beautiful Ludwig, BTW!

Not one pesky drum related gift. Not even a pair of sticks (drummers gift equivalent of socks). I think my family are pretty drummed out & want no more of it :(

Ah, but then what does it matter if you can make your own gift the way YOU want it, right? :)

I myself shall be buying a Sabian 18" AA Medium-Thin Crash on boxing day, as a sort of Merry Christmas to me.

I bought myself a Peace 14x6.5 snare about two weeks ago. I have been playing it at church, so I have not taken a picture yet, but I eventually will. Probably, no one but me will be excited about it. That is what it is all about, right?

Peace and goodwill.

Haha, I've actually been lurking here actually for a number of years. I finally decided today was the day to join for some reason. I don't have a Gretsch kit actually, I play a Tama Starclassic Maple.
I really wish I could get one of those Guru Ebony snares for Christmas, but alas, I suspect that falls outside of my current budget. One day.

Treated myself to a Joyful Noise Legacy Maple that arrived at Fork's just this morning. It will ship out on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Back