Hitting your thumb with a stick...

Yes! Not in a while though. But I clearly remember the night when my thumbnail was mistaken forn the snare drum head. BAM! smack dab in the middle of the nail.
I would tell you how much it hurt, but I can't.
I took it like a man....

Thank God that we don't play with hammers! I was trying to learn some stick tricks. I never hit my thumb as much as I did while attempting the stick to stick roll.

Not too often. I'm more prone to smacking myself in the face with the tip of a stick. Once in a while I go for a cymbal that isn't there anymore and wind up with a good knuckle buster on the rim of a rack tom.

Not too often. I'm more prone to smacking myself in the face with the tip of a stick. Once in a while I go for a cymbal that isn't there anymore and wind up with a good knuckle buster on the rim of a rack tom.

wow, u must have really been assaulting your cymbals? missing and punching you rack tom.. sounds painful

iv hit my self in the face before though. ouch

i hit myself in the eye with a stick pretty hard a couple years ago. my eyeball was bleeding and everything. it was pretty nasty!

I remember once, within my first few months of playing drums, that I went to hit the cymbal and follow it with a choke, missed the cymbal completely, and whacked the s**t out of my thumb. And I'm renowned for being a pretty hard-hitter as well. :S

wow, u must have really been assaulting your cymbals? missing and punching you rack tom.. sounds painful

iv hit my self in the face before though. ouch

I'm not a hard hitter, really. You know when you are walking up stairs without looking, and you go up one more step, only to find it isn't there? It's kinda like that. I was expecting to move my right arm from my ride to another cymbal, and found nothing but a rack tom hoop.

I'm going to write a book on this new technique. "From Sticking to Smacking, 60 Blazing Fast Transitions to Hand Drumming"

The worst is when you do it in a song. Here's how it goes...

*BOOM*SMACK*BOOM*SMACK*
[hit your finger or your face with the stick]
*BOOM*OUCH*BOOM*OUCH*
*BOOM*BLOOD*BOOM*BLOOD*
*BOOM*—*BOOM*—*BOOM*——————————...
[faints from blood]

Why would you hit your thumb with a stick? That's not audible to the audience... well, not unless you hit REALLY hard.

Ekim and joshisaces. hahahahaha

I laughed really hard when I read those two posts. Thanks for that hahahahhaa

Why would you hit your thumb with a stick? That's not audible to the audience... well, not unless you hit REALLY hard.

Although they would hear the screams of obscenities. Could add an interesting effect ;)

I've hit my thigh with the body of my stick quite a few times... It's quite funny to see my band's reaction to me going "JESUS!" in the middle of a set...

ive hit thumb, face, knuckle, even hit a wall, that one was memorable haha. was getting really into the song i was playing along with and then wam, my stick was out of my hand and sticking out of the wall.
it was similar to flea @ 0.56 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1XbKHNH7Y
can't stop with his chair. but it was a stick... and im not a professional musician so i can't just walk around and get paid to do that like he does.....

Its when you hit yourself stright on the nail that it really kills.

I've never hit myself in the thumb, but I have hit myself in the forehead more than once...ouch, that hurts!

Back