Hit like a girl

Bobbb

I don't think there's anything wrong with such a competition - female drummers have always been a small minority amongst us, for whatever reason, and it'd be great if there were more of them. If this contest is encouraging that, that's all good.

T

The SunDog

This forum is about useful comments from drummers of all ranges.

Personal attacks are just trolling.

Move on man, I do not think you have a place here among real musicians.
You're absolutely right. Most of my comments are meant to be humorous or tinged with sarcasm. Pehaps they don't always come off that way in print. I thought "biscuit on a hot kite" was funny, ridiculous and didn't think it would be taken as an attack.

Last edited:

coolhand1969

You're absolutely right. Most of my comments are meant to be humorous or tinged with sarcasm. Pehaps they don't always come off that way in print. I thought "biscuit on a hot kite" was funny, ridiculous and didn't think it would be taken as an attack.
No problem, humor is welcomed here, sometimes what we are thinking and the way it comes out written are 2 totaly different things. I believe you were joking and that is alright with me. Keep it up. I have read other posts by you and you know your stuff.

Take Care !!

LSDelightful

The pool of female drummers is much smaller than the pool of male drummers.

Therefore, the chances of a female winning a drumming contest open to any gender are much less likely than a male winning.

By having a female only contest, you are guaranteeing a female will win the contest, and that at the very least the finalists will gain exposure, something that females have apparently not had much of in other drum competitions.

Men and women in modern society are treated differently, and due to societal influences women face more obstacles (be they psychological or otherwise) on the path to becoming part of the world's drumming elite. I'm not saying this is right, or wrong, only that at this moment in time, it just is.

So in closing, a female drumming competition can be seen as a good thing because it:

A) gives female drummers More exposure (which we can all agree is a positive thing in building ones musical career)

B) adds a layer of societal acceptance/encouragement for females to compete in an area that has historically been male dominated.

C) increases the presence of female drummers in the public eye

BAM!

Ps - the naming of the contest is a different issue, but one not worth getting your boxer-briefs in a bunch over, IMHO ;)