Hilary Jones Hate Filled message... please remove her from Drummerworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsTony?

I ask you to please read this.
Below Kelly Brady's introduction are the words of prominent drummer Hilary Jones.
This racist piece of trash needs to be exposed for the garbage that she is.
And yes I have confirmation from multiple sources in the industry who know Hilary personally saying these are 100% her words... I just spoke to a very prominent Jazz drummer that you all know of who said via text that he is not surprised at all and has seen stuff like this from her before.
Please publicly shame this horrible human being and spread her message of hate as far as it can be spread.
You are exposed Hilary and the drum and music community wants nothing to do with you.

SHE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM DRUMMERWORLD AND STRIPPED OF HER ENDORSEMENTS IMMEDIATELY

if you cannot open the link it says this....

Kelly Brady
22 hrs ·

EDIT: I did not post the author’s name because the purpose of this post is to focus on the behavior, not a singular person, though they provided a sadly relevant example. Sending hate back to the author (however warranted the outrage) is unlikely to change their mind, as they later doubled down and “stand by every word”.
Dear drum industry brothers and sisters,
We need to talk.
Below are the words that a reasonably well known caucasian drummer publicly sent to a fellow musician over the weekend. I want you to read those words.
Though I removed this casual acquaintance from my “friends” list some years ago, I still have 242 mutual Facebook friends with the author. That’s 242 professional drummers, drum teachers, fellow drum manufacturer industry personnel (including A&R reps), magazine editors, drum technicians and drum store owners and managers.
All persons should be judged by the content of their character. But we are also judged by the company we keep. So, to my 242 mutual Facebook friends, and to my industry friends at large, I ask this:
If you become aware of any type of discrimination against any member of the human race being aimed towards your colleagues, artists, or clients, speak out against it. Now is not the time to be silent.
BUT - if, on the other hand, you see any type of discrimination against any member of the human race PERPETUATED by your colleagues, your endorsers, or clients, in addition to the above, take all steps to personally and professionally remove yourselves and your businesses away from it.
Can we, as humans, continue to justify rewarding shitty humans that degrade others with free gear, and public visibility, and even with our time, just because they have musical talent?
Take action to create meaningful change. Now is not the time to be silent.
ORIGINAL MESSAGE RECEIVED:
“You were never a slave. You’ve had tremendous advantages in this country, with Affirmative Action, the lowering of standards to accomodate those of you who couldn’t measure up, simply to give you something you didn’t deserve, and still you complain. The excuses you make for your shortcomings are pathetic but have ZERO to do with racism, slavery, or any of the popular copes you invent.
Your people kill more of my people than the other way around. You rape, pillage, and pilfer, And everyone knows it. You ought to thank your lucky stars that you live in the greatest country in world history, but you are too stupid and ungrateful to acknowledge it. So, you don’t deserve it.
Property rights is a key foundational principle in our society, and Constitution, so in that you obviously don’t concur, you’d do well do repatriate yourself to that shithole motherland, where thuggery and theft rule the day.
That kind of behavior has NO PLACE
in the Untied States of America, as the rioting and burnings is for the savage, the primitive and the low IQ, which is anti Anglo Saxon culture; Anglo Saxon culture is responsible for the invention of America, and why you enjoy the freedom that you do today.
So you can just say thank you.
Or get the hell out.
Wakanda awaits. Let’s see how that works out for ya.”

Last edited:
I had unfriended her years ago for the extreme language that reflect what's in her heart. Very sad.

I had unfriended her years ago for the extreme language that reflect what's in her heart. Very sad.
Jon
I'm sickened by this
she needs to be removed of her endorsements and shunned from the community immediately
she also needs to be removed from the Drummerworld site

But is this really anything new from her? Bermuda was clearly done with her previous to this. He’s generally a reasonable, fair person. If Bermuda wants nothing to do with you, that says something pretty bad about you.
I was just speaking with another prominent drummer via text who said she has pretty much been shunned for a long time and this should put it over the edge

I urge all of you to write to DW drums and Pro Mark sticks and demand she is removed from the rosters

I just did and sent them the hate filled tirade

Last edited:
Wrote this while you were typing:

I don't think she has any endorsements. The brands on her site don't list her. (dw, Zildjian, Promark)

The "Anglo-Saxon culture" thing is hilarious, though. I wonder what she thinks of Normans and Danes. I guess I wouldn't make the cut, haha.

I ask you to please read this.
Below Kelly Brady's introduction are the words of prominent drummer Hilary Jones.
This racist piece of trash needs to be exposed for the garbage that she is.
And yes I have confirmation from multiple sources in the industry who know Hilary personally saying these are 100% her words... I just spoke to a very prominent Jazz drummer that you all know of who said via text that he is not surprised at all and has seen stuff like this from her before.
Please publicly shame this horrible human being and spread her message of hate as far as it can be spread.
You are exposed Hilary and the drum and music community wants nothing to do with you.

SHE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM DRUMMERWORLD AND STRIPPED OF HER ENDORSEMENTS IMMEDIATELY

if you cannot open the link it says this....

Kelly Brady
22 hrs ·

EDIT: I did not post the author’s name because the purpose of this post is to focus on the behavior, not a singular person, though they provided a sadly relevant example. Sending hate back to the author (however warranted the outrage) is unlikely to change their mind, as they later doubled down and “stand by every word”.
Dear drum industry brothers and sisters,
We need to talk.
Below are the words that a reasonably well known caucasian drummer publicly sent to a fellow musician over the weekend. I want you to read those words.
Though I removed this casual acquaintance from my “friends” list some years ago, I still have 242 mutual Facebook friends with the author. That’s 242 professional drummers, drum teachers, fellow drum manufacturer industry personnel (including A&R reps), magazine editors, drum technicians and drum store owners and managers.
All persons should be judged by the content of their character. But we are also judged by the company we keep. So, to my 242 mutual Facebook friends, and to my industry friends at large, I ask this:
If you become aware of any type of discrimination against any member of the human race being aimed towards your colleagues, artists, or clients, speak out against it. Now is not the time to be silent.
BUT - if, on the other hand, you see any type of discrimination against any member of the human race PERPETUATED by your colleagues, your endorsers, or clients, in addition to the above, take all steps to personally and professionally remove yourselves and your businesses away from it.
Can we, as humans, continue to justify rewarding shitty humans that degrade others with free gear, and public visibility, and even with our time, just because they have musical talent?
Take action to create meaningful change. Now is not the time to be silent.
ORIGINAL MESSAGE RECEIVED:
“You were never a slave. You’ve had tremendous advantages in this country, with Affirmative Action, the lowering of standards to accomodate those of you who couldn’t measure up, simply to give you something you didn’t deserve, and still you complain. The excuses you make for your shortcomings are pathetic but have ZERO to do with racism, slavery, or any of the popular copes you invent.
Your people kill more of my people than the other way around. You rape, pillage, and pilfer, And everyone knows it. You ought to thank your lucky stars that you live in the greatest country in world history, but you are too stupid and ungrateful to acknowledge it. So, you don’t deserve it.
Property rights is a key foundational principle in our society, and Constitution, so in that you obviously don’t concur, you’d do well do repatriate yourself to that shithole motherland, where thuggery and theft rule the day.
That kind of behavior has NO PLACE
in the Untied States of America, as the rioting and burnings is for the savage, the primitive and the low IQ, which is anti Anglo Saxon culture; Anglo Saxon culture is responsible for the invention of America, and why you enjoy the freedom that you do today.
So you can just say thank you.
Or get the hell out.
Wakanda awaits. Let’s see how that works out for ya.”
Where was this posted? Without substantiation what you've posted is hearsay. I'm not familiar with Kelly Brady or Hilary Jones but I do have extensive law enforcement and legal background and advise you not to post without source. Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Ms Jones but want you to be careful in passing on uncorroborated information that could backfire on you. Referencing a well known jazz drummer, is not sufficient background. I, or anyone else on this forum or any social platform could concoct a message full of hateful diatribes attributed to you and do so without verification. It's my opinion that this thread should be closed until such time as there's evidentiary proof. At that time the administrators here at DW can decide if her exercise of free speech elsewhere warrants exclusion from this forum.

I don't think she has any endorsements. The brands on her site don't list her. (dw, Zildjian, Promark)

The "Anglo-Saxon culture" thing is hilarious, though. I wonder what she thinks of Normans and Danes. I guess I wouldn't make the cut, haha.

Continental Europeans are just sooo passé

Where was this posted? Without substantiation what you've posted is hearsay. I'm not familiar with Kelly Brady or Hilary Jones but I do have extensive law enforcement and legal background and advise you not to post without source. Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Ms Jones but want you to be careful in passing on uncorroborated information that could backfire on you. Referencing a well known jazz drummer, is not sufficient background. I, or anyone else on this forum or any social platform could concoct a message full of hateful diatribes attributed to you and do so without verification. It's my opinion that this thread should be closed until such time as there's evidentiary proof. At that time the administrators here at DW can decide if her exercise of free speech elsewhere warrants exclusion from this forum.

Bermuda already said this seems in character for her. That’s enough for me.

she's a well known hate filled racist

this was posted by Kelly Brady of Brady drums

she was listed earlier this morning

What happened to the 1st amendment? I don't know who she is and could care less which side of the isle she's from, but you're all acting like she mowed you all down with a machine gun or something! Demanding that people's livelihoods be destroyed, because you differ with them is pure evil. Reminds me of this:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Martin Niemöller

Never has this been more true than now.

What happened to the 1st amendment? I don't know who she is and could care less which side of the isle she's from, but you're all acting like she mowed you all down with a machine gun or something! Demanding that people's livelihoods be destroyed, because you differ with them is pure evil. Reminds me of this:

and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

and I did not speak out

and I did not speak out

Then they came for me
to speak out for me.
Martin Niemöller

Read the first amendment.

It says congress can't make laws restricting free speech, among other things. Bernhard can do what he wants, twitter, facebook, me, you, and the man on the moon.

and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

and I did not speak out

and I did not speak out

Then they came for me
to speak out for me.
Martin Niemöller

pathetic

go have a coffee with her

bye

Continental Europeans are just sooo passé

Bermuda already said this seems in character for her. That’s enough for me.
Keep in mind, we all have respect for the man in shorts. He is I'm sure in position to say "Yeah she's pretty loud mouthed,." Or whatever, but here's another keep in mind, it takes more than one person to convict. I'm just saying that WhoisTony's post is perpetuating that which is not substantiated. Hence my question "Where was this posted?"
And once AGAIN, I see this thread as divisive and probably more so than the "original" Jones diatribe by virtue of it's perpetuation on this forum. Let's get back to drum talk and realize that there are racists which will never end as well as those deemed racist because their moral compass is narrower than others.

Keep in mind, we all have respect for the man in shorts. He is I'm sure in position to say "Yeah she's pretty loud mouthed,." Or whatever, but here's another keep in mind, it takes more than one person to convict. I'm just saying that WhoisTony's post is perpetuating that which is not substantiated. Hence my question "Where was this posted?"
And once AGAIN, I see this thread as divisive and probably more so than the "original" Jones diatribe by virtue of it's perpetuation on this forum. Let's get back to drum talk and realize that there are racists which will never end as well as those deemed racist because their moral compass is narrower than others.
typical... that kept this stuff going for decades and decades

way to go ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back