Hihat help Please!!

braincramp

Gold Member
I sold my Alesis Dm10 and got Roland TD15. The mesh alesis drum pads work good. I'm swapping cymbals to Roland's but saw the price of the VH hats $600. That's nuts. I am using just the single pad with alesis multi pedal and wondered if the Alesis pro X-hat would work on the TD15? Anyone tried this? For $99 new I would sacrifice a little like 1 zone vs 2 but just need to know if it will work

Where are you from, cause I'm in Australia and found the vh11 on a local site for $499AU, and on Sweetwater for $419. Or do you need the hihat stand as well?

Now I don't have Roland so take this with a grain of salt. I bought a yammy dtx522 (which comes with pad for hihat with separate pedal) cause it was the most I could afford at the time. About 6 months later I saved and bought the real hihat pad for it, and I can tell you to use you just can't beat the the real hihats. So if the alesis hihat won't work, I say save your money and get the vh11 cause for me getting a real feel hihat was a life changing experience.

You could try the Yamaha RHH135 hihat at about $280/US, but you would have to switch the ring and tip on the input cord.
If it didn't work, just return it.

Back