High School Drumline Battle With Solo Battle

Class A Drummer

Pioneer Member
This is our school (Churchill) having a friendly little exhibition against our rival's (Wooton) drumline after the final game of the season.

Basically... We "lost" but it was alot of fun. We put our drumline together 2 years ago and its all student run, and we obviously need some more work.

Dont really need any criticism, because obviously we need to work on tightening up and not speeding up 300 bpm each song.

But yeah, in case you dont want to watch all the back and forth cadences, the solos between me and their snare drummer start at TIME 5:30 about.

I am the Snare drummer in the Hat on the left.

At the end of it i drop my stick :( but it was one of the most fun times ive ever had in my life.

One thing i was kind of annoyed at was that the drummer on the Wooton Drumline basically cut into my solo and just started playing... 2wice. But w/e.

I wish the person w/ the camera wouldve gotten a better angle of me to show the back sticking and tricks i do lol.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvB1vRgmjY&feature=channel_page&fmt=18 -High Quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvB1vRgmjY&feature=channel_page - Normal Quality

I am seriously impressed man, you got some crazy chops.
I'd love to see you on the set.
Stuff like this really makes me upset that we don't really have any marching/drumline communities here across the pond!

Stuff like this really makes me upset that we don't really have any marching/drumline communities here across the pond!
Yes, I would love to play in a drum line.
Very nice playing, Churchill has a very good drum line, better than Wooton if you ask me.

I am seriously impressed man, you got some crazy chops.
I'd love to see you on the set.

Its alot of fun, but it gets kinda boring in all honesty after a while. Playing the same music over and over again is kinda boring, and it gets a little too easy after a while. Im kinda thankful im a senior and this is my last year.

But its these types of exhibitions that are truly great.

Ahhh fun man. Looked like a blast. I always challenged my tenor buddy to a mock "battle" at the games...he never wanted to play.

I think he was just jealous of the Super Mario lick I stole from Tim Jackson.

Yeah
i always do the same lol. This is the first time ive ever done something like that. It was great. I was pretty annoyed yet happy when i dropped my stick, w/ that blister forming :p

man you were killing. very nice playing :) i would like to c a few videos of you on the set man

Thank you, there are a couple vids i put from our schools jazz band from october or something here.

Yes, I would love to play in a drum line.
Very nice playing, Churchill has a very good drum line, better than Wooton if you ask me.

yeah the bad part about drumlines are that they are very difficult to put together. Im not just talking about finding the right talent and stuff, but its expensive. These rich parents donated like 6 or 7 thousand dollars to our school to buy all the equipment we have.

thanks for the kind words too (sorry it took so long to acknowledge your post i mustve missed it originially)

Back