hi hats getting stuck closed...

phillyb™

it appears that my pedal gets stuck down and keeps the hi hats closed.
i was wondering if i could lube the cylinder above the chain.
the cylinder that goes into the pole (doubt that's the right term) of the stand.
it seems like it's getting stuck there...would wd-40 or something similar work for this?

it appears that my pedal gets stuck down and keeps the hi hats closed.
i was wondering if i could lube the cylinder above the chain.
the cylinder that goes into the pole (doubt that's the right term) of the stand.
it seems like it's getting stuck there...would wd-40 or something similar work for this?
Please post a picture of your hat stand.
The problem is most likely a bent rod in the center of the tube. (the rod that the upper hat cymbal clamps onto may be bent)

ohhhh okkkkk!!!! thanks for the feedback...

bent you say?

AgDHH3N.jpg

vXDu6FS.jpg

Check out www.drumfactorydirect.com - you may be able to inquire about just replacing the rod. Most rods are universal, but the screw-in part needs to match. I tried straightening a rod years ago and it never was the same after that and I ended up just replacing the entire hi-hat stand when I was ready.

You should be able to straighten the rod by hand or by laying it on a flat wooden surface and working it with a rubber hammer.

Had the same issue a few years back with a bent rod..tried everything I could including a rubber mallet to attempt to straighten it out. It eventually became the property of my local garbage pick up.

Back