Hi hat - rotating legs?

EssKayKay

This may sound a bit stupid but could someone explain hi hat “rotating legs”? I am considering adding a VH-11 hi-hat to my eDrum kit. However, I am very tight on space.

Some HH Stands are 2 leg and some are 3 leg. Then some of the 3 Leg allow the 3rd leg to be rotated to accommodate the use of things like a double bass pedal, or even to help in a tighter space.

Is that what you are asking?

Yes NCC, that's what I was wondering about. At first I thought 2-leg was what I wanted but after looking closer and doing some measuring, I think a 3-leg with a leg that rotates would be great. Now to go find one under $100.

Thanks,
SKK

Yes NCC, that's what I was wondering about. At first I thought 2-leg was what I wanted but after looking closer and doing some measuring, I think a 3-leg with a leg that rotates would be great. Now to go find one under $100.

Thanks,
SKK

Yamaha HH740 hi-hat stand is a great single-braced, rotating-leg stand for under $100.

Just wanted to be clear. There are stands that the legs rotate (foot-board rotation). Then there are stands that the legs rotate PLUS one leg is independent. Here is the later:

Attachments

• legs.JPG
    legs.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 403
Wow NCC, now that would solve me problem - again, a bit more research needed on my behalf.

Thanks all......

No problem. The stand referenced in the drawing is a Sonor Designer. Sonor still carries this feature with their new 600 Series hardware, but the cost of that stand is over $330. They do show up used once in awhile but not often.

I'm not sure if other vendors have that feature, but this forum is the right place to find oud. ;-)

...the sonor designer 5000 series hi hat stand is massively heavy and may be a bit mis-matched for an e-kit...i do not have experience with the newer series of hi hats, but understand that sonor "lightened up" its hardware offerings...

...canopus has a light weight hi hat stand with the rotating third-leg feature that may suitable, imo...

OKAY, still beating this dead horse.
Like I said, I’m looking at adding a VH-11 hi hat to my Roland TD-15 vDrum kit. Based on recommendations here, I am considering either the PDP HH820 (2-leg), PDP HH700 (3-leg), or the Yamaha HS-740A (3-leg).

Originally, because of limited space, I was sure I wanted a 2-leg stand. However, I was not aware of the rotating legs. So now I’m looking closer at a 3-leg stand. This stand will stay put and I am not a heavy hitter.

So my questions -- Do you think the 2-leg will work or would you suggest staying with a 3-leg? If 3-leg, is it the PDP 820 or the Yammie 740?

i just ordered an Axis Vortex HH stand. great stand but pricier due to its aluminum build. Mine will have the A21 Laser foot board.

OKAY, still beating this dead horse.
Like I said, I’m looking at adding a VH-11 hi hat to my Roland TD-15 vDrum kit. Based on recommendations here, I am considering either the PDP HH820 (2-leg), PDP HH700 (3-leg), or the Yamaha HS-740A (3-leg).

Originally, because of limited space, I was sure I wanted a 2-leg stand. However, I was not aware of the rotating legs. So now I’m looking closer at a 3-leg stand. This stand will stay put and I am not a heavy hitter.

So my questions -- Do you think the 2-leg will work or would you suggest staying with a 3-leg? If 3-leg, is it the PDP 820 or the Yammie 740?

3 leg will always be the sturdiest. if it were me i would get Yamaha 740.

The Yamaha 740 came with my E kit and it works just fine. However what I really like about it, is its weight. It seems about half the weight of my acoustic kit's stand which admittedly is way over built and a pain to lug around. So the only real problem I have with the Yamaha is its looks. I never did like those skinny legs.

Back