Hi hat help

So I finally have some extra cash to blow to get a set of hats. Had to sell my old ones to help pay for school! In the past few months I saw a ton of great deals on eBay for hats and now there is nothing left! I'm looking for either 13-14in hats. They need to not be bright! I like a dryer-dark sound. I'm willing to spend 200-250. Anyone have any suggestions?

Fish

So I finally have some extra cash to blow to get a set of hats. Had to sell my old ones to help pay for school! In the past few months I saw a ton of great deals on eBay for hats and now there is nothing left! I'm looking for either 13-14in hats. They need to not be bright! I like a dryer-dark sound. I'm willing to spend 200-250. Anyone have any suggestions?

Fish
I have Zildjian A Custom 13 inch and I love them. They might be too bright for you, though.

What Genre and setting are you playing in?

I'd suggest looking at the Sabian HHX line up, there's some really nice hats from that range.

I just bought some HH regular hats off eBay for $150.
They have a similar sound to New Beats, but a bit darker.

Fish

Check out some of the various Byzance lines. Most go for just about 200 - 250 on ebay. You might like the Extra Dry or Sand hats.

I mostly play pop, blues, funk, and rock. Just not a fan of super bright hats. As far as the byzance lines go I actually REALLY want the sand hats or the dry hats but can't find them for under 350

Anything with dark in the title or like winegums said, the hhx line are pretty cool. I have sabian legacy hats and I like anything similar to those.

If you really want the Sand or Dry hats, honestly, just keep saving up for them. It'll be worth it saving, rather than getting something that might become unsatisfying after the honeymoin phase wears off.

I have a set of Medium Extra Dry hats, and I don't think I'm ever going to let them go...

I mostly play pop, blues, funk, and rock. Just not a fan of super bright hats. As far as the byzance lines go I actually REALLY want the sand hats or the dry hats but can't find them for under 350

I saw a pair of extra drys on ebay at few weeks ago for around $250 buy it now price. Also, there is a seller that sells 'new' starting at $175 bids. I've seen them end around $280. Just keep looking and they'll show up.

So I went out today to search for some hats. I did find some meinl sand hats for 300..I just couldn't justify it. I tried everything the store had, and ultimately I found the hats I wanted.. Sabian hhx grove hats! They are awesome and I got them for 180!!! Thanks everyone who offered their advice!

Fish

So I went out today to search for some hats. I did find some meinl sand hats for 300..I just couldn't justify it. I tried everything the store had, and ultimately I found the hats I wanted.. Sabian hhx grove hats! They are awesome and I got them for 180!!! Thanks everyone who offered their advice!

Fish

Where did you get them Fish? I was out looking yesterday and didn't run across those. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats.

Where did you get them Fish? I was out looking yesterday and didn't run across those. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats.

Visiting my cousin for the holidays and saw he had a music go round near him, and sure enough I found em! I owe you because I had never checked out a music go round until you told me about the one in monroeville! Unfortunately I still haven't picked up a "real deal" kit. But my breakbeats are getting the job done for now.

Visiting my cousin for the holidays and saw he had a music go round near him, and sure enough I found em! I owe you because I had never checked out a music go round until you told me about the one in monroeville! Unfortunately I still haven't picked up a "real deal" kit. But my breakbeats are getting the job done for now.

I really didn't want to say anything but I did pick up that PDP Platinum kit. I traded the Catalina Maples. Glad to see things are getting back on track and hope to hear something from your band someday.

I really didn't want to say anything but I did pick up that PDP Platinum kit. I traded the Catalina Maples. Glad to see things are getting back on track and hope to hear something from your band someday.

Awesome dude! How do they sound? I wanted them but it didn't work out.. I'll get my kit soon!

Awesome dude! How do they sound? I wanted them but it didn't work out.. I'll get my kit soon!

They sound fantastic. I just couldn't resist the deal. The dude sold them to GC for cheep and I made them an offer they couldn't refuse (after 2 hours of negotiations).

I got some insight on a 6 piece Mapex Saturn kit for a "Fantastic" deal. It already has a deal on it but there is a good chance it will fall through. I'll be getting a phone call if that happens. I'm not 100% sure I want it but I'll cross that bridge if I get the call. The kit is super clean, heads and all. If you are remotely interested let me know. I'm betting it won't be until after the first of the year until I know if the kit is still available.

They sound fantastic. I just couldn't resist the deal. The dude sold them to GC for cheep and I made them an offer they couldn't refuse (after 2 hours of negotiations).

I got some insight on a 6 piece Mapex Saturn kit for a "Fantastic" deal. It already has a deal on it but there is a good chance it will fall through. I'll be getting a phone call if that happens. I'm not 100% sure I want it but I'll cross that bridge if I get the call. The kit is super clean, heads and all. If you are remotely interested let me know. I'm betting it won't be until after the first of the year until I know if the kit is still available.

Yeah man let me know for sure! And glad to hear that the kit sounds good! I saw it at gc so I figured he sold it there.

Back