Hey guys, I need to know what you guys think!!

CVdrummer

I just got done producing and playing drums for this tracked named "That one song"

is my bands latest song..it will be awesome if you guys gave ya'lls two cents on the song, on the drumming, and on the quality.

it's the first track of the our playlist, feel free to listen to the other tracks..although they have more flaws that must be fixed =)

thank you so much!

www.myspace.com/dyslexiccrown

Wavelength

Platinum Member
I think you should spend some quality time with the bass player and a click track so that you'll get your timing straight. That sort of music craves tight playing from the rhythm section, and yours were a bit too loose, sometimes even downright sloppy. See if you can tighten up your groove by playing less "stuff" and focusing on keeping the time moving forward -- in an orderly fashion, of course. :)

As for the sound quality, the snare's way too loud in the mix, and the distorted guitars sound muddy. The toms sounded fabulous, but the bass drum lacks the oomph you'd expect from it.

I for one liked it, some time issues, the snare was very hot in the mix. I think maybe simplify it, I think you're try to put too much in - over playing. You will get some seriously harsh critique from people here.

From some whos kits look like they're never played lol. However I agree with the guy above that you should tighten up with your bassist. Less all the poncy lil fils. I have heard some shit hot drummers do all these magic solos and really cool stuff - that can't even keep a basic beat! That to me isn't very good.

Oh and by the way, I added you as a friend on the my space! Keep it up :eek:)

CVdrummer

I think you should spend some quality time with the bass player and a click track so that you'll get your timing straight. That sort of music craves tight playing from the rhythm section, and yours were a bit too loose, sometimes even downright sloppy. See if you can tighten up your groove by playing less "stuff" and focusing on keeping the time moving forward -- in an orderly fashion, of course. :)

As for the sound quality, the snare's way too loud in the mix, and the distorted guitars sound muddy. The toms sounded fabulous, but the bass drum lacks the oomph you'd expect from it.

thanks bro!

yeah man, is hard to get that "oomph" youre talking about with a cheap bass drum mic =)..but i tottaly agree..i wanna get the audix D6...but buying in general is such a hassle bc of prices..and when u wanna get a studio running there.s always..something more u need..you dig..sucks.lol

and yea bro.. iagree with the groove getting tighter...we r trying to work on that...but that track was actually recorded with a metronome at 122...but altho it kept tempo the whole time through..it DID push n pull at times.

=)

CVdrummer

I for one liked it, some time issues, the snare was very hot in the mix. I think maybe simplify it, I think you're try to put too much in - over playing. You will get some seriously harsh critique from people here.

From some whos kits look like they're never played lol. However I agree with the guy above that you should tighten up with your bassist. Less all the poncy lil fils. I have heard some shit hot drummers do all these magic solos and really cool stuff - that can't even keep a basic beat! That to me isn't very good.

Oh and by the way, I added you as a friend on the my space! Keep it up :eek:)

thanks for your opinion dude! i agree..i should simplified it more

i checked out both tunes on your band..sick man...where's the lyrics for "Attitude"?!

it has a sick riff though..

and for "save me" love it. is it a christian song?
if it is or not ..sounds really good.

"peter freelance photographer" ...has a nice profile pic ;)

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I think Wave had it right. You and the bassist don't seem to lock in too well (at least on that recording). I'd quit playing all those fills during everyone's solos...it's just too busy. Otherwise, I like the groove and your ideas...very cool. The snare is obnoxiously loud though, it demands all of your attention.

Just work on that time and you've got a good tune there, I like it! Horns...guitars...awesome!

hey man cheers for the comments on my band. No dude save me isn't a praise song but I know what you mean - I upset the guitarist when I said exactly the same thing! Any how's 'attitude' has not been finished yet but will be soon! Yeah 'Peter' is a good mate of mine, love parties at his place LOL

Wavelength

Platinum Member
That track was actually recorded with a metronome at 122...but altho it kept tempo the whole time through..it DID push n pull at times.
Ditching the click while recording might be a good idea for now. Your playing will flow more naturally and sound better.

C

Casper "DrPowerStroke" Paludan

you have good technique and you guys clearly are into the music, and that is really the main thing!

When your fills are complex, I can hear you thinking about them, and in that moment, you aren't listening to the band. You drop the time, come out of your fill, and try to make it all fit together again.

My coaching would be to play much simpler fills, or none at all, until you are clear you are listening to the band e-ve-ry moment.

Casper