Hey Administrators - Advertisements

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Hey Administrators:
I understand the need for advertising on the forum. Ads are now showing up in between comments on a thread. That's ok it's not too annoying on my home computer.
BUT, on my Iphone those ads in between the comments are so large that I only have a tiny space to view the comments. I'm talking like I can only see 6 lines of text!!!! Can you fix this?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
You can click on the X on the ad to 'report' it, and select the reason Ad Covered Content

With enough reports, it should help. A little. :)

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Haha since the last ads thread, when I had none, I now have them too. They aren't preventing or inhibiting my ability to use the forum on my phone like others have stated. But if I hit the back button instead of the forum tab at the top and bottom of the page, I get redirected to a survey. I can close it out and DW comes back.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Yesterday I had three ads at once on my mini ipad. Took up 3/4 of tbe screen.

Solution: Closed the browser, double clicked the home button to see all the background apps, removed the browser to clear its settings then opened a fresh version of the browser (Safari).
Now I have one small ad at the top again, instead of three big ones.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Dang must be a conspiracy I still can't "ad". I get one at top on phone or laptop that's it. Must know I'm immune to ad-ing so why bother? I "fill" I've been discriminated against. Why the discrepancy in member experiences?

Mr Farkle

Yesterday I had three ads at once on my mini ipad. Took up 3/4 of tbe screen.

Solution: Closed the browser, double clicked the home button to see all the background apps, removed the browser to clear its settings then opened a fresh version of the browser (Safari).
Now I have one small ad at the top again, instead of three big ones.
That worked for me! Thanks.

edit: 5 minutes later... Now they’re back. Grrrr! 😡

edit 2: now they’re gone again. 😁 (I’m tossed about like a ship upon the ocean.)

Last edited:

KamaK

Platinum Member
That worked for me! Thanks.

edit: 5 minutes later... Now they’re back. Grrrr! 😡

edit 2: now they’re gone again. 😁 (I’m tossed about like a ship upon the ocean.)
Just because DrummerWorld intends for there to be an advertisement at the top doesn't prevent unscrupulous ad creators/aggregators from using clever scripting to fill the entire page, mine cryptocurrency, track you, or attempt to do something that you would never otherwise authorize them to do on your device.

My solution on the whole thing is: Whitelist drummerworld, but block the aggregator. If drummerworld wants to serve me advertisements, they may.... As long as that advertisement comes from drummerworld and not google-ads/popads/adsupply/clickbooth.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
I was just about to sign off the forum permanently, because I couldn't read a single thing with ads covering up posts. I've gone to an ad blocker and while things aren't ad free, they are in their designated spots. I totally get the need for advertising, but I come here to relax and enjoy the community. When there's a giant bouncer at the door kicking me out all the time, I'll eventually get the hint. For now, I've kicked the bouncer in the nuts and got passed. If he comes for me again, I'm gone. No loss, I know, but just saying other more valuable members may be feeling the same pains.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I was just about to sign off the forum permanently, because I couldn't read a single thing with ads covering up posts. I've gone to an ad blocker and while things aren't ad free, they are in their designated spots. I totally get the need for advertising, but I come here to relax and enjoy the community. When there's a giant bouncer at the door kicking me out all the time, I'll eventually get the hint. For now, I've kicked the bouncer in the nuts and got passed. If he comes for me again, I'm gone. No loss, I know, but just saying other more valuable members may be feeling the same pains.
I enjoy your postings. If he won't let you in, stick your thumbs in his eyes and put your fingers behind his jaw bone. Now squeeze!!!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
If you kick the Condor in the balls when it attacks it means you have bravery and destined to find DW happiness. So you gotta stay