Helping Identifying Snares & Worth

Scottie15

I need help identifying these snares and their values. I am aware of their brands and models (I.E. Pearl Sensitone and Free Floating). However, I want to know the shell materials and what they're worth. 2020032412520517-6407071741545632565-IMG_7845_heic_copy_1008x756.jpg20200503_134531_copy_873x627.jpg20200503_134616_copy_670x583.jpg

The brass Sensitone snare has a brass shell. The Chad Smith Free Floating snare has two brass pieces and one steel piece. A quick eBay search of completed sales should help you dial in what they're selling for right now.

If that Sensitone looks that good all over, you see similar for over $300. I bought a used one last year. Did not have tube lugs and isn't in as good condition. Not bad at all. Some pitting, etc. I paid $250 shipped from Canada? Maybe a few bucks more than that.

You gotta do your own homework and appraise the value of each instrument on your own.

You know why? Because if some jo-blo like me comes along and sez, “$4,500!” it has the potential to skew the actual drum marketplace.

Don’t believe me? Read any news feed from a finance media/news “info outlet”, and if you’re discerning you will see comments clearly intended to persuade.

Awesome thanks guys. There's a local seller out here selling a bunch of touring equipment. These two snares caught my eye.

Where those listed on CL in the SF area? If so I saw those too. The Chad Smith might be hard to put a price on because the ad said it's a prototype, so who knows its value.

Yea, I didn't see any ads specifically for the other drums and hardware, just the Brady kit (which is phenomenal by the way).

Did you see additional postings for the other drums?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudes asking $350 for the Sensitone and $1,250 for the Chad Smith snare (apparently a prototype because it's got the copper ring rather than the brass). I understand the concept of starting high, but this is highway robbery. Hard pass.

I can tell you the Sensitone is a fantastic drum. See 'em used for 250-350. The Chad Smith is stupid. Who wants 3 "shells" to mess with AND is a gimmick. Price is way too high for what it is. A straight brass free floater on the other hand is a great sounding drum.

Agreed. The Sensitone is a great drum, but it's essentially the same drum as any a Ludwig Black Magic, Pork Pie BoB, or WorldMax. Whichever one you can find for the best price will get you what you're looking for.

The Chad Smith drum is just...goofy. I swear that drum was his way of punking Pearl on his way out the door to DW.

Back