Helped Needed for Pedal Repair

sage32

I have a DW 3000 pedal where the main bolt that connects the chain to the pedal board is bent. The pedal still functions fine, but it is impossible to unscrew the bolt and I'm not sure how to remove it.

I got this pedal a few years ago and that bolt has snapped before as well as the hinge that connects the pedal to the base. When I got the replacement parts and repaired it, I did my best to screw everything as tight as I could, but it obviously loosened while I was playing and the force from my foot gradually bent the bolt without my awareness.

I haven't used this pedal in about a year (I currently use a Pearl Eliminator which I much prefer) but I want to sell it. I would like to repair the bolt so that I can get top dollar for it as the pedal is still in good condition with the exception of the bent bolt.

Do any of you guys know how to remove a bent bolt? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

axisT6

On the 3000s, the chain attaches to a stamped piece of metal that bolts to the pedal board. Can you grab this piece and wiggle it? If so, you should be able to carefully bend the screw back by placing a flat head screw drive between the metal piece and the food board.

Or, you can get phillips head screw driver and simply force the bolt out. I believe it is a 10-24 screw, so it wouldn't take much. Just make sure the screw driver is firmly engaged in the screw.

sage32

On the 3000s, the chain attaches to a stamped piece of metal that bolts to the pedal board. Can you grab this piece and wiggle it? If so, you should be able to carefully bend the screw back by placing a flat head screw drive between the metal piece and the food board.

Or, you can get phillips head screw driver and simply force the bolt out. I believe it is a 10-24 screw, so it wouldn't take much. Just make sure the screw driver is firmly engaged in the screw.
It worked! Thank you so much!!

Man I gotta say I just really dislike these 3000s. I feel like they are overpriced. Yeah they're double chain and DW, but I feel like for the price you can get much better.

axisT6

Don't knock them entirely. The 3000 (used to be 7000) is a nice pedal although the price could be lower. They are very modular. You can add a 5000 hinge and essentially have a 5000 turbo pedal with the slimmer foot board.

OR....

You can add the 5000 hinge, 8000 cam and chain, and a pearl spring rocker and have something totally awesome that has a feel close to the 9000 but at a cheaper price.

I did add the heavy duty springs.

sage32

Don't knock them entirely. The 3000 (used to be 7000) is a nice pedal although the price could be lower. They are very modular. You can add a 5000 hinge and essentially have a 5000 turbo pedal with the slimmer foot board.

OR....

You can add the 5000 hinge, 8000 cam and chain, and a pearl spring rocker and have something totally awesome that has a feel close to the 9000 but at a cheaper price.

I did add the heavy duty springs.
Wow I can't believe I didn't think of that! When the cheap hinge that came with the pedal snapped I replaced it with the same one. It feels very flimsy to me, unlike the super sturdy and reliable 5000 hinges. The 3000 hinges tend to have a little bit of side-to-side action which I absolutely hate. I want my pedal to be sturdy because I use the slide technique a lot. I currently have no problems with my Pearl Eliminator. But that's a single pedal and my 3000 is a double. I'll definitely look into suping it up! Thanks for the tip!